HELP ME REPAIR THE WORLD

by Terry 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

R,

I want to read The Four Agreements, just have not gotten it yet, Robdar recommended it to me.

Nice thread,

purps

• restrangled
    restrangled

Purps, I have some one sending me a copy on CD to listen to. If you like, when I am finished I can forward it to you.

r.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

that would be awesome ,,,,,thanks

purps

• Gregor
    Gregor

Reading this pablum is like picking up one of those cheap pulp paper brochures while waiting for my dentist.

Hey, Terry. You rat! I'll bet that's where you got this toothache inducing sugar fix, isn't it? LOL

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have read this before somewhere....lol

purps

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I have read this before somewhere....lol

uh, yeah. It's called the Bible.

Well, PSacramento thinks this is what the bible says anyway

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    HELP ME REPAIR THE WORLD
    World Repair is a central idea of Judaism, after all. You leave this world a little better than how you found it.

World Repair: Tikkun olam.

Baruch ata Adonai Eloheinu Melek ha-olam

BTS

• Terry
    Terry
    Reading this pablum is like picking up one of those cheap pulp paper brochures while waiting for my dentist.
    Hey, Terry. You rat! I'll bet that's where you got this toothache inducing sugar fix, isn't it? LOL

Well, you do have a point.

For me...myself...it comes down to DOING...something....anything. If you DO something (no matter how small) and that something is POSITIVE and UPBUILDING you make a difference.

I want to be able to lie there in the hospital bed at the end with the tube up my nose and rest assured I at least did something....no matter how small.

It is kinda corny, isn't it?

• awildflower
    awildflower

The Four Agreements is a nice read. He also wrote a book called The Voice of Knowledge, which puts a whole other spin on what the story of the tree in the garden of eden and that whole scene means, in his opinion of course, but was excellent. Also I just heard he wrote a book called The Fifth Agreement. These books are short and easy to read. If your a reader you can read it in a day.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Baruch ata Adonai Eloheinu Melek ha-olam

Amen.

Shalom aleichem.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit