Borg court: 1st session

by sd-7 111 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Glad to see you could make it on the board today. I'll be working on Thursday from 9 am to 3 pm and then again from 6 pm to midnight and the same on Friday. If you need to call me, please do. If I'm not able to pick up the call right away, leave a voicemail message, and I'll call you right back. Saturday I'll only be working from 9 am to 2 or 3 pm. What time is the big meeting?

When I'm working on the desk phone, my caller id doesn't work, so please leave a message if you call. I'm thinking of you all the time dear heart. Let me know if you need a local contact. Someone in your area is waiting if you need some local support. I'll pm his phone numbers to you.

Take care. Stay brave. I hope you are well.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Tired now, but would like to read later. Hope things start to look up for you sd-7.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Chris, your one brave guy and I'll be thinking about you on Saturday. I've only got one piece of advice and thats TAKE CHARGE. Not just of yourself, but the conversation too. Remember, the only control they have over you and your marriage is what you give them.

much love

BZ

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

WOW! Thanks for sharing. This line here:

They proceeded to ask me what I thought was the purpose of judicial committee. "To remove uncleanness from the congregation?" "No," the elder replied. He explained that it was for the purpose of helping a person to avoid repeating their mistakes. He then asked me again, "What is the purpose of this committee?" He expected me to repeat his exact words.

This is straight out of Star Trek next gen. Remember the one where picard was caught and tortured by the cardasians and dude turned on 4 lights and stood in the middle and asked Picard how many lights he saw? Picard responded 4 and the cardasian would torture him with a pain device and explain that there where 5 lights.

It was a psych ploy to get Picard to recognized the cardasian as a 'light' and his (picards) only source of illumination out of his predicament.

Its amazing that such a tactic would be used in a JC. Making you acknowledge their view and interpretation of things. Hang in there man!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

SD-7, go a bit easier on yourself. You did nothing wrong. You had responsible relations. Responsible means it was relations that you would be responsible for the emotional outcome of, the physical outcome of (disease or pregnancy). You did not rape some woman or have drunken unprotected relations with a stranger that you would deny later. Where is the sin in what you did? It is only in the eyes of that religion that you sinned.

As far as questioning, we are all free to question. Apostasy is a made-up sin.

As long as the outside of the cup or dish was clean, then perhaps the punishment would be light on us.

I like that one.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

SD-7, are they going after your wife as well? She was dfed or am I misunderstanding a previous post.

Awildflower, as ridiculous as this sounds, my wife was reproved for our activities 5 years after the fact. Time really has no bearing on this- it is about loyalty to the org and cowtowing to the elders. In the case of an inactive person coming forward and wanting tobecome active again, the elders generally show 'mercy' and a private reproof is in order (public if widely known). In a case where the matter comes to light not thru admission, less 'mercy' may be shown. Throw apostasy into the mix and the elders will use what they can against you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

They really are sick perverted voyeurs, you were lucky that they used scripture during your hearing, the Bible never came out in my 2 J/C's, depending on that fact that you want to remain in for the sake of your wife, go along with the B/S and when you walk out of there buy yourself a stiff drink and give them the middle finger.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hey jook, how are you doing?

• troubled mind
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

IC , very good, keeping occupied with our little lad he's 3 weeks old now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit