Bible student with 8 kids turns down marriage proposal?

by QuestioningEverything 31 Replies latest jw friends

• dig692
    dig692

why would the witnesses encourage her to break up a family??? to "make a stand" for jehovah?? it would make more sense for the witnesses to encourage her to get married to the father of her 8 kids and whom she has been living with for so long. encouraging her to leave him seems to me like it would be bringing reproach on jehovah and the congregation. but like others said, maybe there is more to it than this. maybe they don't want to support such a big family and would rather her go on welfare, and they still get the benefit of counting her time! barf

• Think About It
    Think About It

Octomom has very nice lips.

Think About It

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

After all these years, she is going to dump him solely because he does not want to join the cancer? Both are losing out big time--I would rather have seen them marry--or, for her to discontinue the study and remain a worldly person, as before the study, and remain as they are. I see nothing wrong with "living in sin"--what I do see is why the cancer should be the deciding factor in breaking up.

Worse, the children are all going to suffer. The older ones are going to remember what birthdays and holidays were like, and what it was like to be free in school. Also, there goes college. Their free time is about to be wasted--just wait until it is time for them to join the 5.5 million that are coerced into becoming "unbaptized publishers" so they can boast about 7.5 million publishers next year. The youngest of them are going to lose out altogether--and, when the older ones discuss holidays with the younger ones, Trouble is going to result. And I am sure they are not going to mention Christmas as being full of demons--it is when children usually get stuff to play with. And, there will be no stories about birthdays where someone had a head for their birthday.

And, who is going to pay for them? The mother is going to be expected to raise them all as witlesses. At the same time, the mother is going to be hounded to pio-sneer, plus donate all funds into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. This will leave them without funds should something unexpected come up--supposing one of them lands in the hospital, say from an accident while out in field circus? They are going to be scraping for money, and the children are going to suffer. No or few toys, bad food (try taking them out to McDonalds every day for lunch), being kept up until after 10 PM on a popular test night, and not being allowed to have any fun of any kind.

And what happens once the mother is baptized? She will be hounded to pio-sneer. The children will be expected to study the cancer. I am sure the oldest will rebel, and the Washtowel will still expect them to study. The ones that are under 6 might make the transition more smoothly, only to be jealous when finding out that the older ones actually got to do things before their mother became one of Jehovah's Witlesses. They will be hounded to make progress toward becoming full blown witlesses--and then trapped in the cancer. The youngest will be hounded to get baptized by the time they reach age 6, using fear of getting destroyed at Armageddon (which never seems to get here). And the other witlesses will do nothing but hound and hound the mother to do ever more.

All for what? So the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger can have 9 more lives to control--and I bet the father is never going to want to see another Jehovah's Witless again.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

When two people live together for a decade and a half and procreate almost a football team together, they are married. In the eyes of God, in the eyes of their friends, in the eyes of the community and in the eyes of the fucking flying spaghetti monster.

Watchtower literature supports this. I don't do the quoting thing, but in countries where JWs can't technically be married, circumstances such as this ARE regarded as evidence of marriage, as in two people married together. Maybe someone can help with the quotes from the literature, if anyone gives a damn.

What is this stupid woman THINKING?

• snowbird
    snowbird

She's thinking about pleasing "Jehovah," which translates into pleasing the WT.

I'll bet she and the children are being lined up for an assembly program already!

I saw that happen to a family, only the couple was legally married with two children.

Although he was an excellent provider, the wife was encouraged to leave him because he was adamantly opposed to her and the children becoming JW's.

The family suffered hardship and deprivation, but she got to tell her story at many an assembly.

Sad, sad, sad.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

I want to add that those of you who are slamming WIC/Food Stamps/Welfare, etc., should cease with the judgmental posturing.

The programs are designed to assist children.

Surely, you don't begrudge children a decent meal or place to stay?

Sylvia

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Surely, you don't begrudge children a decent meal or place to stay?

This is the common argument for why we should continue to support irresponsible behavior amonst the parents. I want children to have the best chance in life but unfortunately these programs are abused and sometimes I think it is better to just eliminate them and educate people and force them to take more responsibility for their lives and also for the lives of those placed under their care.

However, I know that circumstances happen and sometimes we need public assistance. My sister-in-law uses WIC for her child but works hard to make it on her own in every other aspect. Still, though, I wonder if these things would be better served by local charities as opposed to our government.

To their credit, my mother and father in law did the best they can to raise their two daughters. However, when my father-in-law was laid off and when my mother-in-law seeked government assistance, she was told that she did not qualify because she is married BUT if she LEFT her husband and took her two girls with her, she would qualify for all kinds of help.

I guess in the eyes of the government, children deserve a decent meal and a place to stay so longs as they are born out of wedlock to single parents. Otherwise, let them eat cake.

• dgp
    dgp

Marked for reflection.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

She is fully indoctrinated and under full mind control... How sad???!!!! Another divided family!!

This is only the beginning of the misery that family is going to suffer! Welcome to hell!!!

• under the radar
    under the radar

For what it's worth, I completely agree with garyneal's comment. If people knew they would be held responsible for providing for their own children, maybe they would be a little more careful about strewing their DNA around the landscape so willy-nilly. I believe birth control should be easily and plentifully available to all, and its use should be encouraged and promoted. The government should get out of the welfare business and let local charities and family members take up the slack.

Benjamin Franklin was always opposed to establishing any kind of government dole because he feared it would create "a dependency." History has shown he was absolutely right. We've all read of families with multiple generations of welfare recipients who keep popping out more babies because they don't have to worry about feeding or clothing them. The rest of us have to! Generally speaking, it's the most ignorant uneducated crime-prone slackers of the community who abuse welfare the most.

Public assistance can be a wonderful thing when it's used as originally intended... as a temporary stop-gap "emergency" measure to help those in trouble due to no fault of their own get back on their feet. There's absolutely nothing wrong with accepting welfare as a last resort when it's needed to help one survive life's little surprises and one tries to get off it as soon as possible. But no one should feel "entitled" to intentionally maneuver their circumstances to qualify for welfare and stay on it indefinitely. One egregious example would be the polygamous "outlaw" Mormons who take pride in "bleeding the beast" by having as many children as they can so they can suck more and more off the welfare system. That's disgusting and shouldn't be allowed. Eventually, there will have to be a crackdown on those who intentionally abuse the public's generosity and compassion.

There should be a social stigma attached to being on welfare intentionally, by one's own design, or staying on it one second longer than necessary. Personal responsibility and self reliance should be encouraged and rewarded.

Of course, we don't know if the woman this thread is about will wind up on welfare. But the principle stands: NO ONE should be allowed to create their own dependency for their own purposes. "Have all the kids you want, but don't expect me to feed them."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit