Bible student with 8 kids turns down marriage proposal?

by QuestioningEverything 31 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

A woman who is studying/attending the KH where my mom goes has 8 kids. The oldest is 15y and the baby is only 7 weeks old. After studying for some time, she decided it would be morally right for her and the kids father to get married. He agreed and bought her a ring. They set a date. This guy isn't studying with the witnesses but based on what my mom has told me he sounds like a decent guy. Yes, all of the kids are his. He doesn't oppose her studying, helps out with the kids getting to the meetings as much as he can and thinks the studies are a positive thing for his family.

Well, she gave the ring back and made him move out of their home. Why you may ask? Because it would be just too much trouble in the future if she got baptised and he continued to be 'worldly'. She didn't want to risk her 'spiritual' well being by taking that chance. All in the KH are applauding her for this wise decision. She's sacrificing for the truth!

I don't know about any of you but this story really pissed me off. This woman has 8 kids. Who is going to take care of them financially? Even if she gets child support, it doesn't make up for the in house assistance she was getting from the dad. Why would the congregation encourage this woman to remain single? What a bunch of idiots!

I feel so sorry for the kids and the dad.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I thought you were talking about Octo-mom....she's hot since she lost her fat!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I had 4 kids studying, pregnant with 5th when baptised.

Shortly after I got divorced. Wait till the lovebombing stops after baptism and reality sets in.

I suspect her social life will be pretty non-existant and probably no chance at marriage.

IDK, might be different, hard enough to be a divorced sister, add a bunch of kids on top of that,

nightmare.

purps

• Think About It
    Think About It

That is just dumb. Where is the advise that the man is the father of the children and can help raise and support them? It's not there because he is not a member! Mark it down........she'll live to regret it.

Think About It

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The ironic part about all of this, out of those 8 kids, I'd be willing to wager that at least 5 of them, if not all of them, will leave the religion in due time.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

That's really sad!

The kids are going to suffer the most over this. Purps is right, after the love bombing stops and reality sets in, I can see her going into a deep depression. I never have understood why they think leaving your unbelieving mate is better than keeping the family union together! Especially since he doesn't oppose her.

*shakes head*

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

ROTLMAO

I see you're in MI, I would love to know which hall or city, if you don't mind telling. You can PM me.

• out4good3
    out4good3

8 kids and she kicked their father out of the home because he's not a witness?

Just wait until this broad goes husband shopping in the hall. They may be giving her kudos now, but they'll be running for the hills later.

• nelly136
    nelly136

if has 8 kids already and some of them very young i'd find it more disturbing if some 'brother' did volunteer to take her and her children on.

as for the kids i think its rotten that they've lost their natural loving dad who wanted to do the right thing by their mum. or maybe someones already been lined up for the job?

• blondie
    blondie

Does the dad still have visitation rights and pay support? Legally, he still has a place in the children's lives. I'm surprised; around here women are encouraged to marry their child's father. But if there are no children, these women are encouraged to dump his aXX.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit