An email from my dad

by TheSilence 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• awildflower
    awildflower

It is smart to always use a transfusion as a last resort. And it is smart to train the military and Dr.'s in general how to save a life even if they don't have blood. Here's the big difference though: THE MILITARY AND DR'S IN GENERAL ARE NOT GOING TO LET SOMEONE DIE BY NOT GIVING THEM A BLOOD TRANSFUSION! So all the progress JW's THINK they are making means sh#@ when they let someone die who could live. It defeats their purpose and makes them look like the fanatics they are. And btw, since when do the jw's support anything the Military does?? It's just another example of taking credit where they can but demeaning the source all at the same time........wf

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wouldn't argue that learning a new technique of bloodless surgery could reduce infections and save lives.

I am sure in the future, even better techniques of surgery will become available. That doesn't mean that God expects people to die and avoid current methods until those ones are available.

On futuristic television science fictions, cures are instant for injuries and illnesses. No cutting into people at all. So until we get to that point, just let everyone die. Hogwash.

Bloodless surgery may very well be the way to go. Great, awesome. But why limit your options for a doctrine without investigating the doctrine itself?

• chickpea
    chickpea

what a JW would never consider is that
    science has long known that "blood" was
    just a step in the process .... no one thinks
    it is the end of discovery of that aspect of
    healthcare.... it is a cumbersome vehicle
    from collection to storage to compatability
    yada yada.... a standardized product is
    OF COURSE a goal of research and so is
    advancement of technique, using newly
    developed apparatus to make surgery
    more elegant, efficient and less invasive'
    therefore less bluddy!

so whenever there is an advancement
    in bloodless alternatives, the JWs think
    it is because they are so special...

and they are, but not the way they think

• out4good3
    out4good3

Yeah...my wife was gloating about this too.

I couldn't help but think though, why would a people be happy with a history of providing themselves as professional lab rats under the guise of following some old testament principle think that there is any credit for them to take on this issue? Medicine progressing as it does this is just a natural evolution of the science.

• sacolton
    sacolton

The issue was never concerning if bloodless medicine is beneficial to humans ... of course it is. I'm all in favor for it and any operation that doesn't require cutting and replacing organs. I would love to see the day when all operations can be done without any loss of blood. The whole "no blood" doctrine that the Watchtower is so proud of has nothing to do with the advancements to bloodless medicine. Now, let's see them praise the "worldly" medical field for this breakthrough and give credit to the research and development to those companies that invested millions of dollars to make this possible. Did the Watchtower help? No. Will they ride the coattails of this new breakthrough? You bet!

• awildflower
    awildflower

Exactly Shawn! I can just hear it someday at an assembly: "Brothers, you can continue to be proud of how Jehovah has guided us through the no blood controversy in Satan's world. Be proud for the stand you've taken in upholding Jehovah's sovereignty and letting his word guide your life. Even the Military, one of Satan's biggest tools on the planet, is looking to us for education in this process of bloodless surgery. You see friends, Jehovah will always prevail, even Satan and his evil entities will be made to acknowledge the wisdom and guidance of our great God Jehovah, and you friends are on the front line of that!"...........etc. You get the picture!.........puke.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I couldn't have said it better than Awildflower and Sacolton..I too believe that if at all possible bloodless would be the way to go and I did just that when I was operated on as a witness. The anethesist noticed that it said I was a JW and No Blood on my chart and I had been hemmoraging . The Dr that the JW's recommended was just letting me go back to my room after operating on me without doing anything as I said no blood. My blood count ws extremely low. So low that the anethesist (sp?) took measures into his own hands and started two IV's of Ringers on me. One in each hand. He told me about it later. He was shocked that the Dr didn't do anything.

I was as weak as a kitten but alive thanks to him.

Why did I hemmorage? Because the stupid JW recommended Dr sewed me up with the wrong thread. He used the kind that disolved in a few days instead of the right thread for internal stitches. I told him something was wrong when he wanted to send me home in two days..I came back to the emergency room a few hours later. They had to operate again to correct his mistake.

Did I sue? Heck no. I was a forgiving JW.. JW"s don't sue others..
    But it disproves what they say about how the Drs will be more careful if they know you won't take blood. I heard that plenty from the JW's. It didn't make him more careful...

Course the JW's don't publish their mistakes..

Would I take blood now? Only as a last resort.

I still don't trust the screening process and don't think I ever will.

Snoozy..

PS..The Dr was recommended by the witnesses because he was sympathetic with their blood stand. I think he went along with the witnesses because he was a crummy surgeon and needed the patients..badk in the 70's you couldn't find that many good Drs that would go along with it.
    He was an Osteopathic Dr and it was an Osteopathic Hospital that later got sued and shut down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit