Counting heads at the Watchtower Study

by Sour Grapes 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I dont know about you guys but my hall was pretty small. I think it only held like 130 people max. But the problem was that there were people milling about, people in the johns, people behind the counter, in the basement, in the office, coming in late, leaving early...it was like counting ants in an anthill.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

They need statistics to validate their busywork.

• dissed
    dissed

And just think, this job was so important, that only the JW brothers were allowed to do this. They couldn't trust the women to get it right.

On counting awake kids?? "Sister not-quite-there. Would you wake up your kids so we can count them!"

Same with the mic handlers. Although if they used young, single sisters to handle the mics, you could count on the young bros to comment more. "Oh pick me! Pick me!"

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Dissed...oh the brothers love passing the mics because they get to look down the blouses of the sisters legally LOLOLOL

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I guess its different at every hall, but I thought policy-wise that the count was to be done once in the early session, and by one brother only. The brother who sits in the lobby, is to keep a number on any who leave or come in after the count was taken. Then for the second half, they just add or subtract from the original count.

Those to be counted are any who are able to learn or benefit. Children who can understand even a little are to be counted. That's left up to the attendant's discresion.

Speaking personally, I liked counting just cuz it gave a reason to get up and an excuse to go out to the lobby, or the kitchen/multipurpose room/whatever you want to call it. Usually other like minded brothers would already be out there shooting the breeze about nothing. Funny thinking back about a WT lesson that touched on violence, and in I'm talking with two others about the boxing match from the night before.

• four candles
    four candles

I used to count people paying attention...................So the brovs wondered why the attendance had gone down to 4 all the time.

• dissed
    dissed

Wuz -

I was kind of thinking that, but in the reverse. Having a JW sister bending over, extending the mic, would certainly show more cleavage.

"Oh, pick me! Pick me!"

• fokyc
    fokyc

You have all forgotten to add in the people listening on the telephone link!

After I dial and put in the secret code, I have to put in how many are listening on my line!

fokyc

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Counting is getting easier, as attendance slips down!

It has always amazedme how important attendance is for some. At assemblies some are thrilled expecting the attendance announcement, as if the were announcing the Nobel prize winner. Then everyone writes down the attendance in their programs (are they gonna check it later? o they have a VisiCalc spreadsheet where they keep statistics?). Some are delighted to take a guess and even bet ("Sorry, brother Churchill, but us christians don't bet").

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit