Counting heads at the Watchtower Study

by Sour Grapes 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

My husband was told to count everyone out of the womb and who had come in for the meeting the last 30 seconds of the meeting, awake or not.

• xelder
    xelder

One time 2 of us were counting a vote on meeting times. It was important to everyone. Some wanted Thursday night, others wanted Friday night. We both counted everyone who was for Thursday night. Then, we both counted everyone with hands up for
    Friday night. Even though we both had a majority for Thursday night, our figures didn't agree and I was trying to figure out what to say. So I said, "We have different numbers counted but its alright because WE'RE BOTH HIGH ON THURSDAY NIGHT."

Everyone died laughing and I was teased about being a pothead for months. LOL LOL

• chickpea
    chickpea

jah's organization abounds with privilege for the qualified

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I remember when I served as an elder an over-zealous MS asked me how best to do the count. I suggested somewhat facitiously that he count all the eyes and divide by two. As he was counting he paused and glanced at me several times, very perplexed. I got up and asked hime what was wrong - he said "what do I do about br X who has an eye patch?" I tell you I came close to bursting out. what an idiot!!

• leec
    leec

When they are counting, do they say "Mississippi" between each increment?

• Think About It
    Think About It

When they are counting, do they say "Mississippi" between each increment?

Official WTS policy is to take the count like The Count from Sesame Street.

1, 1 person.

2, 2 people.

3, 3 people.

4, 4 people

Etc.

If someone messes you up, you start completely over again at 1.

Think About It

• PEC
    PEC

They need to get one of these.

Philip

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Counting Heads at a Watchtower Study..

????????????????????????????

It`s simply Not Possible..

To count Jehovah`s Witness heads,in a Kingdom Hall!!..

................ OUTLAW

• badseed
    badseed

and then the elder asks, "did you count yourselves?", they look at each other perplexed, confused, then answer "no". Then one of them says "great! now we have to start all over".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The honest way to count is having someone count each person once, and count just after the closing prayer. Anyone that arrives late is added as they come in the door. As seats are usually in mathematically simple arrangements, counting 7 or 8 rows of seats should be quite easy.

Who to count? The honest thing to count is anyone that is old enough to read. If someone cannot read because they are too young, they would not be counted. Another thing would be to count everyone that is there regardless of age. Importantly, they should be consistent and honest as to how they count their numbers. Manipulating numbers is not honest, nor is having two people counting and coming up with double counts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit