Where is the best place in the world to live?

by highdose 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I dunno about the BEST place to live but my desire has been the OBX..

• undercover
    undercover
    I dunno about the BEST place to live but my desire has been the OBX..

I love the OBX. Go every year for a week. Something about living out there on those islands that appeals to me also...

But if I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't live in any one place for long. I'd set up a home base, so to speak, and travel all around that region, seeing everything I could. Then I'd move to somewhere else in the world and experience that.

Now, if I wasn't that rich but could afford multiple homes, or even condos, and didn't have to work, I'd spend the hottest months of the year in the NC mountains, along the Blue Ridge Parkway...I'd spend the coldest months of the year in the Florida Keys and then split the rest of the year between the OBX and Charleston, SC.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Caedes:

"South Devon Uk."

Close but my vote is for East Devon and that's where I'm heading (If I actually ever get an offer on my house!)

• leec
    leec

I'm getting sick of this country. The politics makes me physically ill. The economy makes me mentally ill. I would very seriously like to move to France or Italy if I knew how to manage the logisitics of settling there, being employed, and all that. I've tried looking around online and see nothing but scammy websites, and no real information that says it's actually possible to do it.

• jdhf
    jdhf

hmmmm...I've been fortunate to live in various countries...highdose, I don't know where you are based? CAN you move wherever you choose? I lived in Auckland for many years, and love NZ, although having being born there I can live there....if you haven't been to NZ you must go, even for a holiday. Singapore is lovely but really hot, as is Malaysia. I love Texas, esp. Austin, but it's really hot too. It really depends what you like in a country. I'm currently in Ireland, and it's beautiful, but too damp and cold. I lived in Paris (france)..it's great, but you need to work there full time. I would get a round the world ticket and do some personal investigation! If you have the funds, will, energy, and legal right to move then do so. I love England too.... really beautiful. My mum lives in Lincoln, a medieval city. I love it. Hate London. Too big and impersonal, but a young single would probably love it. Not a place to be unless you make friends really easily. Almeria in Spain is nice too, and yes New Hampshire is lovely. I knows about the sales tax etc., and if I could legally live in the US..I would go there in the morning! It all depends on where you can legally live, as you never know what might happen, and it is always easier do do things by the book, that way you can get the proper aid you may need in time. Best of luck...x

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I seem to be on the same wavelength as Undercover today. I would choose to have 2 homes. I would like to have a home in the NC mountains. And I would like to have another home in maybe the Savannah, GA area or St. Simons Island-Brunswick, GA. I live in the metro Atlanta area and I have lived here for 31 years but this is not the best place in the world to live.

I have been to the British Virgin Islands and it is beautiful but I wouldn't want to live there.

I have been to Australia and I would choose Brisbane to live in over Sydney.

I have been to the UK and I don't think I would want to live in London. I liked Stratford-on-Avon and that general area. I also liked Aberdeen, Scotland. Seemed like a good place to live.

I have traveled to many places in the US but I think I would choose to stay in the Southeast to live. This is home.

If I were very rich, I would have an apartment in NYC to go to when I visit there to go to the theatre and shop and go to museums and shows. But that would be in addition to my home in the NC mountains and the GA coast. I can dream, can't I? LOL!

• awildflower
    awildflower

I'm getting sick of this country. The politics makes me physically ill. The economy makes me mentally ill.

It's funny, because a friend and I were just saying that the other day. That it's almost embarrassing to be living in America! It is not past me to move to another country someday especially after I get my office skills down. I could move to another country and say work there for a year for the cultural experience and then move to another one and do the same thing. That would be so fulfilling!

• moshe
    moshe

For a young guy, check out Angeles City, Philippines.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I'm going to say Bavaria Germany. The most beautiful place on earth I have ever been.

It's where the Sound of Music was filmed.

I have been 5 times my husband about 20 times over the years. Absolutely the picture perfect place.

r.

• John Doe
    John Doe

For anyone besides me, wherever I happen to be at the moment. For me, wherever the sexiest babes happen to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit