Where is the best place in the world to live?

by highdose 40 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

Could be just a whim, but Highdoses feet are feeling itchy today. I'm young, unattached was thinking about upping sticks again maybe.

Can i get any recomendations from anyone?

• shamus100
    shamus100

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_most_livable_cities

Yep. Vancouver was listed as one of the best, although I believe Vienna was above Vancouver.

Damned wikipedia. You never really know if it's 100 percent unbiased crap.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Vienna indeed! That's where I'm off to when I get the chance.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I guess that depends on your criteria. I live in Canada so of course I'd say 'Canada'. I've heard France is good, too, especially if you're looking to have a family. You get a doula for a whole year after the child is born! Of course, taxes are high there.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

1. Vancouver 2. Vienna 3. Melbourne 4. Toronto 5. Calgary 6. Helsinki 7. Sydney 8. Perth 9. Adelaide 10. Auckland.

Depends on which site one goes to.

28 April 2009: While Zurich, Switzerland’s largest city and the country’s financial capital, is no longer number one, three Swiss cities make it into the top 10 of 'best' cities in the world. According to new research, Vienna, Austria’s capital, is now the city most people would like to call their home. Geneva retains its position in third place, while Vancouver and Auckland are now joint fourth in the rankings of best cities in the world, a survey prepared by Mercer Consulting. Overall, European cities continue to dominate the top locations in this year’s survey, with German cities particularly well represented among the top 50. Düsseldorf, Munich and Frankfurt are all among the top 10 best cities.

I am biased, but Brisbane is great.

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

France has been ranked number 1 in the best places to live list for at least a couple of times in a row now and its no surprise: good food and drink, nice weather, an excellent national healthcare system and beautiful sexually-liberated women . I've been to France about 6 times, and it's really nice. You would need to learn French fairly well if you wanted to live there for any length of time though, the French have as much patience for Brits/Yanks who can't speak their language as we have for them if they can't. I think Malta would be pretty nice too, even warmer sunnier weather, top-notch free healthcare, but they speak English.

Canada ranks well too, although depending on where you're moving from it might seem rather unexotic, especially if you are just moving over the border!

Switzerland has quite a few cities up there as well, I've only been there briefly (1 day to be exact!) but it did seem really lovely nonetheless.

The best way to find work is if you get a Cambridge English teaching certificate (CELTA) you'll be able to see quite a few different places with that, even more so if you have a uni degree or two, that's what I did!

• asilentone
    asilentone

playboy mansion.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Salt Lake City?

• under the radar
    under the radar

Well, if you're considering any place in the United States, I'd have to say give anywhere in New Hampshire a look. Great state, no income OR sales taxes (except on hotel stays, restaurant meals, etc.), beautiful both summer and winter, lots of sports, etc. Nashua has been voted America's Best City to Live In more than once. Manchester is bigger, but still feels like a small town. Has all the modern conveniences, including colleges, a major airport nearby, extensive shopping, etc. I love it here!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Battle Mountain, Nevada holds the honor of being voted "American's Armpit."

That's my kind of town!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit