Does anyone else have a morbid obsession?

by bulgogiboy 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My hubby was that way, he was a witness. He always said he wasn't afraid of death he was afraid of what would happen while he was dying.. he always worried about his health.
    I on the other hand never did.

Once when I was your age I worried that I had a brain tumor because I had a really wierd headache but that was a very long time ago (In my late 20's) so I guess I didn't..lol. I was worried about who would take care of my 3 kids if something happened to me.

Since I have seen several relatives and friend die first hand in the last few years I do wonder sometimes what happens to us when we die .something that can't be answered until it happens to us.

I decided that I would not spend anytime worrying about something that I don't know the answer too. Why let it take up my precious time now...

How many things have we wasted time obsessing over that never happened or wasn't as bad as we thought it would be?

Snoozy

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Fs: sex comes from obsession? how so?

I used to obsess about death too specially when I found out it was all a farse. I accepted that I have only few years left and now I decided to make the best of them and I am thankful that at least I know the truth unlike the JWs

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    sex comes from obsession? how so?

Two people obsessing about each other..?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

bulgogiboy Here is my 2Cents worth.

I agree that no one really knows. Today I am 49% agnostic and 51% believer.

When that ratio leans the other way, I have to find some therapy for myself.

The therapy that has benefited me the best goes like this "fake it till you make it",

or to put it another way delude yourself.

Which you dont want to do at this time.

If you are on a morbid obsession, it is like a merry go round. Merry go rounds make some people sick.

If your obsession is making you sick, get off the merry go round.

From my experience, I have taken an anti depressent paxil. What it did to me was slow my brain

and my metabolism down to the point that my mind didnt race or didnt think about things

that I didnt want it to.

I was slowed down enough that it took all my strength just to function and that was with a

very low dose 5 mg. It slowed me down so slow it took me 3 weeks to get an erection.

Needless to say, I am off anti depressents now.

Something that helps me feel good is reading the bible. I have read it cover to cover many times

and it makes me feel good.

When I start feeling real good, then I start reading Richard Dawkins and other atheistic

literature.

When I read Dawkins I start feeling real bad and the life leaves me.

Its almost like there is power in the word.

For me there is power in the word.

I just finished reading Dawkins "The greatest show on earth and it took my mood to the depth of hell.

Then I started reading "I dont have enough faith to be an atheist" by Norman Geisler and it took me

to the top of the mountain.

I am manipulating my own manic depression's and mood swings in my own workshop of life.

Maybe I'm talking to me or God is talking to me. But they say things go better with coke.

And for me things go better with God.

During my time here on the pleasure planet, earth. I am looking for peace, security compfort and

happiness.

Why do I want happiness? Because its pretty much the opposite of what I suffer from when I'm not

happy and thats depression. In researching happiness, I came across the information that if you

want to be truly happy, you need to harness the power of delusion.

Let me put it this way "truth is not necessarily the path to health and happiness".

Believe the world is ruled by a loving omnipotent God. Believe your wife or girlfriend is

the most beautiful girl in the world.

If you can control your mind that way, you wont need the anti depressents or alcohol

and you wont have morbid obsessions and you will have more time to do what you want to do.

If you decide to go to a therapist ultimately he is going to try to get you to think good thoughts.

I just gave his magic away.

http://www.synthetichappiness.com/search/label/tips

You say your going to find something positive in every aspect of your life from now on, these books

could help you do that, check them out on amazon and read the reviews.

You could also check out "Erroneous Zones" by Dr. Wayne Dyer and "You cant afford the Luxury of a

Negative thought" by Peter McWilliams.

Fear of death may make some people find God, but I know for a fact it doesnt make everyone find

God. My father died of prostrate cancer, he knew he had it for 5 years and he told me, He told

God he was not making any deals and at the end he crawled into bed and spent 2 weeks dying

with his body shutting down and he didnt make any deals with God but he did ask many times

for his gun. As far as I could tell my father never had any use for God and lived his life as a Godless

man. But my father was never depressed or unhappy. I just figured my earthly father was not one

of Gods children.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes, this website. A total waste of my time but i can't stop visiting it most days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit