Does anyone else have a morbid obsession?

by bulgogiboy 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

beks-

I'm not all too young (31) . Unfortunately, I can't control my obessions, so I try to understand why I have them. "Fake it till you make it." <--Agreed!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yes, you are all too young!! 31 is nothing. I think fake it till you make it is like practice makes perfect. Heheh pretty soon it's for real.

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Freudianslip: I know exactly how you feel. Whilst the thought of death doesnt make me 'question' my agnosticism, it makes me feel slightly envious of people who are deluded by firm religious conviction. I refuse to force myself to believe in something just because it provides some false comfort though. I would be betraying my conscience if I did that. Just keep in mind that people with fundamentalist mindsets are in exactly the same position as us, they just dont know it .

I think the fear of death is what causes a lot of people to miraculously 'find faith', especially later on in life... I think fake it til you make it is good advice, ive been following that motto for quite a few years now.

And also, in my opinion, anti-depressants are highly questionable. Research results recently published have provided some quite compelling evidence to suggest that they are little more than placebos. I dont know where the answer is, but it isnt in any bottle of pills or alcohol. In fact, im pretty sure there is no 'answer' ,and that includes gentle Jesus meek and mild, the best we can do is lead a good life I suppose...

I'm going to try to find something positive in every part of my life from now on.

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

And by the way, freudianslip, that isnt your real pic is it?

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

This is all a holdover from the JW philosophy, kinda shows that you really havn't moved on from your old peramiters of thinking. Life and death mentality is nurtured by the JW's it is fear based and you seem to still have the fear.

Obsessive behavior is pretty common amongst us..... who could have been more obsessive than me...... all those hours over the years standing on the street corner, knocking on doors...........whew what a waste.

Your obsession is also a waste of precious time and energy and could be a form of depression? Have you been able to sit down and man up to the feelings with somone who is a professional? maybe it would be a good time now to consider.

Psychiatry really helped me to get over the negative self speak from years and years of manipulation and control..... it takes some time to counter all that negativity with positive good vibes and is well worth the struggle and effort. I wish you the best you deserve it!

• FreudianSlip
  • Farkel
    Farkel

freudianslip,

:I am obsessed with thinking about my own death

Take consolation in the fact that your own death is not obsessed that you worrying about it.

Death just does its thing. It doesn't worry. It doesn't fret. It doesn't plan. And it isn't evil. It just is.

Farkel

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

F-

That doesn't console me for some odd reason. Are you saying I should only obsess about someone(thing) that will requite my obsession?

• Farkel
    Farkel

R -

:That doesn't console me for some odd reason. Are you saying I should only obsess about someone(thing) that will requite my obsession?

No. I'm sayng obsessing is stupid. Name one good thing that ever came from doing it.

Just one.

Farkel

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    I'm sayng obsessing is stupid. Name one good thing that ever came from doing it.

Sex?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit