I have to admit...

by AGuest 16 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

(to the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with - may you all have peace!)

that I find it VERY curious that those who put their faith in the Bible do not question, are not concerned about, have no problem with, aren't afraid of... and readily believe... in the legitimacy of the "strange" visions seen by John, Ezekiel, Daniel, and others. Dragons, beasts, some with horns, some red-colored... faces like lions and bulls... frog-like, goat-like... some that devour... some that "speak"... both good things and awful things... (ummm... most of which FLY). I mean, apparently so long as the one relating the vision did so... in a book... some 2,000 or more years ago. In which case, they are to be believed.

But, when someone of their contemporary relates something similar, perhaps even with more clarity... oh, Lordy Be!! NOOooooo... STOP! We must slap our hands over our eyes... as they cannot bear such things (no, duh)... and our ears as they will NOT hear of such things! Indeed, cursed is the one who claims such visions! DEMON befriender they are!

Ah, well... I'm told that very few [of Israel] believed Ezekiel at the time... or John, either. Not for centuries. Well, except maybe Paul - he believed John. But, heck, they didn't believe my Lord when he was right there among them... in their very faces. If they didn't believe him when they saw him [in the flesh]... they're really going to have a HECK of time when he appears as he really is. He's not a human, dear ones. Not "earthling man." Not by any means. He is a SPIRIT... and spirits have wings, look "fiery"... and really aren't all that attractive (okay, except the two cherubs, Michael and the one called Satan - they are... well, words really can't describe their beauty).

But the world has done a pretty good job of "demonizing" spirit beings altogether... and particularly "dragons" and "serpents." They are BAD. ANYTHING reptilian is "bad." Ever wonder why that IS??? Perhaps it IS time to listen to the Prophets, particularly Isaiah, who wrote:

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." Isaiah 5:20

Ah, well...

As always, I bid you all peace... ears to hear... and perhaps eyes to see... if you so wish it.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who considers herself to be in VERY good company

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Evening Shelby!..

I don`t think the snake in the Garden of Eden,did much for the reputation of reptiles..LOL!!

Poor "Lou Belle" thinks you may be heading for the dark side..LOL!!..

I`m not in much fear of that,your much too good a person..

I don`t know how I would react if I meet a Dragon Spirit person..

I might stop drinking all together..Or..Maybe I`d drink a whole lot more..LOL!!

........................... ...OUTLAW

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I think that years in the borg gave us a really distorted view of the spirit world. Having been raised in the borg, I for one was terrified of spirits. There was really nothing spiritual in the borg....so truly having a one on one relationship with Jesus was totally foreign. The prophets were from the distant past...so the strangeness of their visions didn't seem real...and they were all wrapped up in watchtower explanations...so that it all seemed more academic than spiritual. Does that make sense?

Now I have a one on one relationship with Christ. I have asked for and received answers... I don't hear a voice...but the answer usually comes with such swiftness and with such clarity... I know the origin. He directs me to scripture and puts the pieces together for me. HE knows how to approach us...what we can withstand as individuals. I'm not yet where you are in my journey. I still have some of the fear left over from my wt past...and so it's hard to just let go. HE is patient with me, however...and never pushes.

I love your posts by the way.

Coffee

• AGuest
    AGuest

I don`t think the snake in the Garden of Eden,did much for the reputation of reptiles..LOL!!

Or the "dragon(s)" in John's revelation, my dear! LOLOLOLOLOLOL! Thankfully, my Lords prepares us for having share things like this. I mean, he tells you... well, pretty much shows you... by allowing you to experience how people react with the well-that's-not-so-scary-but-still-who-the-heck-do-you-think-you-are? stuff. I mean, yes, he COULD make is easier for everyone (to believe, at least) by just showing himself. But... I don't think people can handled it. I mean, I told you... almost gave ME a heart attack the first time I saw him!

I dunno... maybe he's trying to get folks ready... to some degree? I really don't know. I admit, I, too, am a bit flabbergasted at what I am getting these days... the volume, not the content. But, I mean, it has to happen some day, doesn't it, folks REALLY gettin' ready?

Anyway...

Thanks for the love and encouragement, dear Outlaw. You are a "godsend"... and you aren't even a "christian." You have faith, however... as many who were NOT Israel did... and JAH will bless you for it. As for those who claim to be "christian," I don't know what to say. I've always said, they don't need to take my word for ANY of this. But... if they're concerned, they really only need to ask for themselves. That they don't is also very "curious" to me.

The greatest of love and peace to you... and may JAH bless you... to time indefinite!

YOUR servant, friend, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

The greatest of love and peace to you!

I think that years in the borg gave us a really distorted view of the spirit world.

Okkaayyyy??? I mean, that IS their purpose, "to mislead, IF possible... EVEN the holy ones!"

Having been raised in the borg, I for one was terrified of spirits.

How can one NOT be? Given what they teach (that inanimate objects can be possessed, steer clear of flea markets... ) it's totally understandable. Superstitious idjits, they are!

here was really nothing spiritual in the borg....so truly having a one on one relationship with Jesus was totally foreign.

EXACTLY! It's like a hollow, empty, shell of a relationship, isn't it? I couldn't handle that anymore, though, and so I asked the Father to let me know His Son. And... the rest is history!

The prophets were from the distant past...so the strangeness of their visions didn't seem real...and they were all wrapped up in watchtower explanations...so that it all seemed more academic than spiritual. Does that make sense?

It absolutely does! Since THEY don't understand spiritual things they can't properly and accurately EXPLAIN them!

Now I have a one on one relationship with Christ. I have asked for and received answers... I don't hear a voice...but the answer usually comes with such swiftness and with such clarity... I know the origin.

WHOO-HOO! I am SO happy for you... and for your FAITH! Praise JAH!

He directs me to scripture and puts the pieces together for me. HE knows how to approach us...what we can withstand as individuals.

Yes! He does not put on us more than we can bear! Unfortunately, I am yet human, flesh with its blood, and neither my vessel nor my heart can contain the things I am given. Truly, I know EXACTLY how Jeremiah felt!

I'm not yet where you are in my journey. I still have some of the fear left over from my wt past...and so it's hard to just let go.

Of course, dear one. And the Most Holy One, JAH of Armies, Himself... will speed it up for you in HIS own time... through His Son and Christ... I have NO doubt! Your FAITH will allow Him to do so! And when He does... you won't be able to contain it, either. I promise you.

HE is patient with me, however...and never pushes.

He is patient with ALL of us. For some reason, I am able to bear more... and thus am given more to share. NOT because I'm "special" in any way. Most probably because He knows I have a big mouth and WOULD tell it:

"Hey, who can we get there that'll tell folks what they see and hear in this realm? You know, will be SO anxious to share it that they won't take time to stop and think about how it looks/sounds... or whether people will believe it? How 'bout that girl, Shelby? Yeah, she'll do it! I mean, have you ever heard her related one those picture shows they get all googly over? Almost word-for-word, that girl. Yeah, let's give it her."

I promise you, that probably the ONLY reason: that I believe what I see and hear... and will tell about it! LOLOLOLOL!

I love your posts by the way.

Thank you. Truly. May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whose name is JAH of Armies... and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the Holy Spirit and Holy One of Israel, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... be upon you... you and your entire household... to time indefinite.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Aguest,

Don't sweat it.

I'm sure John Calvin and Martin Luther had to deal with naysayers, too.

-LWT

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I know what you mean. If I reject one so quickly until there is substantial evidence of reliability, then I should reject the other until such evidence arrives. That's why I reject every last person's claim of the spirit or God or whatever contacting him, guiding him, answering his prayers, etc.

The Bible was written by men who invented God. Some of the writers may very well have believed their nonsense. Today, we have many sincere believers of various beliefs, so they cannot all be right. Until God tells me what His will is, I reject all of them. ALL OF THEM.

Thanks for helping out with reminding us how we shouldn't believe one person's nonsense so easily when rejecting someone else's nonsense.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Aguest,

My critical examination of the bible has taught me, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I have come to see that the claim of the bible inspiration by God is false and so unless you can provide some type of extraordinary proof why should any body believe you. If they just believe anybodies claims their stint with the WT hasn't really taught them anything about being gullible. Think about it.

• yknot
    yknot

Here is my 'gut' response....

As JWs we were told that such things were no more and for many this belief still remains.

I enjoy your posts, they are thought provoking beyond my normal scope.

As for the Aztec stuff .... I guess the whole human sacrifice by other humans in a ritualistic religious manner is condemned by the God of the OT so the dismissal is pretty quick for many. ...... and the Aztecs make the Druids look tame.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Aguest,

I mean, apparently so long as the one relating the vision did so... in a book... some 2,000 or more years ago. In which case, they are to be believed.
    But, when someone of their contemporary relates something similar, perhaps even with more clarity... oh, Lordy Be!! NOOooooo... STOP! We must slap our hands over our eyes... as they cannot bear such things (no, duh)... and our ears as they will NOT hear of such things! Indeed, cursed is the one who claims such visions! DEMON befriender they are!

You see it is like this these people who believe the bible have been indoctrinated to believe the bible, they haven't taken the time to critically examine it and are basing their decisions on long held beliefs with out any solid proof, it is called "faith", and yes the bible being an ancient book and believed for so long and by so many does carry a certain mystique to it, not to mention years of indoctrination from the WT which they have not yet been able to completely unravel.

As to believing you're a prophet why should they believe you, unless they are very gullible? In that case then those that believe you will believe any tom dick and harry that comes along. They should not worry about asking you for some solid proof. If they just take your word for it they are just very needy people ready to swallow and kind of bull shit, and it seems that they haven't really learned anything from their time with the WT. They are people that will follow anything uncritically, they are the deprate to fill the vacum left by the WT only to follow another form of bull shit.

And second why is it so important that they believe you? What's the big deal if they don't? Are they going to lose salvation if they don't believe your?

Why do you care if people believe you why? What the great big deal if they don't?

Or do you some how need them to believe you as this gives you some kind of confirmation you need from others? Why because it makes you feel better in some way?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit