Englewood Hospital Gets $4.6 million to develop bloodless Medicine

by purplesofa 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

judge

I dont see your comment at youtube, can the person who posted it remove your comment?

purps

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

you my posts were removed on youtube and they sent me nasty personnal messages, and funny after i posted on their youtube . Youtube will not work for me anylonger. I think they zapped me with a BUG. real bastards.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

JWs think bloodless surgery is due to their own convictions and a vindication of their stance. In reality, the medical profession was researching bloodless options long before the Watchtower decided blood transfusions are unacceptable.

• TD
    TD
    a patient’s blood can be collected during surgery, cleansed and re-infused-- Is this allowable per jw rules?

Yes

---------------------------

Englewood is one of, if not the premier bloodless medical facility in the world. I think they are probably training others (As opposed to developing) for the same reasons bloodless medicine is advocated by Dr. Aryeh Shander. Those reaons do not completely coincide with JW reasons for refusing blood.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I would certainly chose bloodless surgery if it were an option (bar a life threatening circumstance ), so I welcome any progress in this field.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was just sent this by a "sister" today who was very excited about it. She said, "Well you know, Jehovah is going to make a name for himself and this is how he is going to do it." I'm thinking..."he has done quite a job of it already."

I too welcome any progress in the field and having the option.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Although I like what Englewood does- but their shameless advertising of bloodless surgery has 2 problems:

1. They are specifically using JW theology to drive JW's to their hospital (not that I have anything against targeted marketing- lets just not pretend that their emphasis on "bloodless" is anything more or less than a targeted marketing campaign.) Any half decent hospital uses and has access to the technologies they use. They are just trying to "brand" themselves in a market saturated with very good hospitals.
    2. Many witnesses and others look at Englewood as "proof" that modern medicine doesnt need blood transfusions- and that blood transfusion is a product of a unsophisticated past. WRONG. Blood transfusions save lives. A couple of years ago, the Governor of NJ got in a terrible car accident and they transfused something like 19 units of blood into him while they frantically searched for all of the damaged veins and arteries. He survived and walked out of the hospital some weeks later (was defeated by a Republican in November- but Whaddayagonnado?!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit