Worst Witness Wedding Experience?

by spawn 25 Replies latest jw friends

• geevee
    geevee

My wifes Father was the official JW wedding celebrant for our whole area for many years. She went to more weddings than she cares to remember. The one that stands out was her cousins. The mother of the bride to be, did her circuit a favor by buying up all the unused and thawed chicken left over from a circuit assembly. She promptly refroze it and saved it as the main dish at the wedding reception. 2 people nearly died! Lots ended up either in hospital or at home with severe food poisoning.

She was dragged into the backroom, but not much could really be done to her. The local health authorities were also very interested in what had happened.

My wife said as they were driving home they would drive past a car load of people all on the side of the road spewing their guts out, then they would have to pull over and do the same!!

• highdose
    highdose

oh yes i'd forgotten all about the old jw wedding food poisioning! I can name 5 weddngs where this happened. I guess thats what happens when you don't hire proper caterers with fridges etc. I know of one wedding where all the donated food was set out ready for the guests to chose from.... 24 hrs in advence! On a hot summers day! By the time the guests got to it, it was samonella waiting to happen!

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    The bride and groom were NOT in attendance for the meal. After the ceremony, they went to the hotel room for "dinner"

Made me laugh!!

• dissed
    dissed

Or was it, they skipped dinner, and went on to the hotel room for desert???

• highdose
    highdose

dissed: that brings back another memory of a JW bride and groom who went missing as soon as they got to the reception, the speeches and everything were done without them being there!!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

At one wedding the bride's father gave an hour talk and then, her uncle from the Spanish congregation, gave another hour talk in Spanish. Then, over 300 and counting people had to wait in a stuffy firehall for the bride and groom to finish with pictures. And they only served the guests water while they were waiting. The bride's mother grabbed sisters in attendence to help serve the tap water. On top of that, it happened to be the bride's parents anniversary, so there was a cake for them too. Talk about stealing your daughter's day and making it about you.

A friend related to me how one bridesmaid decided to run a few errands on the way to the reception hall and made everyone wait for her. Another bridesmaid wanted to punch her lights out. lol. too funny.

I stay away from weddings for obvious reasons. Sadly,it's the only time most Witnesses get to dance and come close to having a party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit