Worst Witness Wedding Experience?

by spawn 25 Replies latest jw friends

• spawn
    spawn

We went to Oz for a wedding of a brother and sister from the Sydney Bethel. it was the most bizzare wedding of all time, the cake was a multi coloured Telitubby creation and the veggie food option was baby octopus and squid, the alcohol was free flowing and all Bethelites in attendance took full advantage. We were sat listening to the speaches and it was getting rowdier and rowdier and some of the language was rather unscriptual to say the least, as it was mixed JW and non JW we were surprised to find that all of this noise came from the Bethelites. Is this common and we would love to hear your stories

• nugget
    nugget

Worst wedding, most JW weddings are much of a muchness. I remember receiving a late invite to a JW wedding in order to make up numbers. When we arrived at the reception we weren't on the seating plan and were sent away feeling embarrased that we had inadvertantly gatecrashed this rather posh affair. It later turned out that our names were scribbled in on a last minute plan in the Mother of the Bride's pocket. They tried to ring us and get us to come back to the wedding but we had gone to visit friends in the area and didn't get the call.

Quite frankly we had more fun not going than we would have had being there so really they did us a favour.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My own. Half of the guests didn't show up. Apparently we had offended some of the "prominent" ones by not inviting them so others boycotted the wedding in protest. I didn't invite these people because I'm not in the habit of feeding people who go about slandering me behind my back. The boycott was not unexpected. We were told about it ahead of time. Unfortunately, by the time we were told it was too late to cancel most of the arrangements. Had we known sooner we'd have just cancelled the whole affair and gone to a justice of the peace to marry us.

W

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

a couple of them had no real music, they played either kingdom melodies or jazzy elevator music

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

My cousin wedding: Her dad paid quite a bit of money to have a nice reception.

but they were not prominent in the cong. JW's rsvp'd but didnt show. It was quited sad

my uncle was really mad about it.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The bride had about 6 bridesmaids who came from out of state. They all went to the same (JW) hairdresser on the wedding day who was an excellent hairdresser, but very slow. As you can guess they weren't done in time for the wedding, and it started two hours and 20 minutes late. In the meantime some of the non-JW relatives went out in the parking lot to smoke, there was some marijuana. I was the piano player and just about wore out my fingers keeping the music going. Clyde was determined to leave, but the parking lot was blocked with cars and he couldn't get out. Oh--two hours before the wedding the florist arrived at the KH with flowers, but nobody was there to let him in. The ring bearer didn't have his shoes. There was a big reception planned afterward at a rented hall, but the caterers finally got tired of waiting and left. Clyde and I went to a restaurant instead--we just heard about that part. The couple later divorced.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

worldly caterers - they ran out of food!!!

• dissed
    dissed

We ran out of beer once......

But the worst I could remember is really not that bad.

A buddy was giving the wedding talk and he couldn't remember the grooms name during the prayer. The bride remided him out loud during the prayer. "Its Jim!"

• changeling
    changeling

I came from a town that knew how to throw a party. No complaints there.

My worst wedding experience was in the late 80's. The talk was given by a circuit oversser (Shropshire). He was known for his sense of humor. I'm all for funny but everthing has it's place and he turned the wedding talk into a stand up routine. People were roarring with laughter. Very undignified, in my opinion. :)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Dissed,Changeling PMSL! FF sorry to hear that, my own JW wedding was a great day, it was a stunning sunny day, a turn of events saw the speaker at the ceremony end up on the on my J/C. Most of the JW weddings that I went to all had plenty of booze flowing, I believe that it was the subject on various C/A needs, some good times TBH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit