EVERTHING you ALWAYS wanted to KNOW!

by Terry 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Why is it that the more you know the more you learn that you really don't know?

Blueblades

• shamus100
  • kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Barrack Hussein Obama is the sexiest man of our time.

Just look at those teeth and listen to that voice!

Gives me the shivers.

Sylvia

Yes, he did score the very important "moist panty" vote. That voting block is large enough to make a huge different in an election.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Question: Are the short palms that grow as far north as Virginia Beach the same species that grow into tall trees in Florida but are just stunted due to the climate difference? Or are they a completely different species of palm?

Same palm. Sabal Palm/Cabbage Palm are the common names. State tree of S Carolina. I've got dozens here on my land. However, I don't think the size of Sabal Palmetto varies much throught the range. You may be seeing a completely different species when you see a short one. I'd wager the short stunted ones you see are actually Saw Palmetto, not Sabal Palmetto. They both have very similar ranges. Here is an easy way you can tell the difference between Sabal and Saw: You take the palm branch stalk, and follow it all the way up to where it ends in the fan of the palm leaf. If the stalk tapers like the point of a spear at the tip, it is Sabal Palm. If it ends flat, like it was cut off with a saw at a 90 degree angle, it is Saw Palmetto. Interesting factoid: you take a Sabal Palmetto, cut off the top, peel back all the fibrous bark, and you get a green heart. On a big palm it is pretty large, and tasty. If you boil it, it tastes like cabbage, hence the name: Cabbage Palm. I like it raw, with vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. But when you cut the tree, you kill it.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks
    What is the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow?

African or European? My current question is this, why do old rock guys continue to play huge shows once they have lost thier capabilities? You may get a clue from this question, that the Superbowl halftime show is on.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Barrack Hussein Obama is the sexiest man of our time.

Just look at those teeth and listen to that voice!

Gives me the shivers.

Sylvia
    Yes, he did score the very important "moist panty" vote. That voting block is large enough to make a huge different in an election.

Hush your mouth, Cross & Crown. A lot of us women voted for O because we were tired of the same old same old in Washington. Looks like we swapped the devil for the witch! Sylvia

• Terry
    Terry

A lot of us women voted for O because we were tired of the same old same old in Washington. Looks like we swapped the devil for the witch! Sylvia The premise for Politics is always a faulty premise. You can't believe a power hungry person when they tell you anything! What sort of person or personality would actually WANT TO BE PRESIDENT?? You can only get various gradations of scoundrel. What I want to know is this: WHY DO PEOPLE FALL FOR the same old lies over and over and over and over again?

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's the packaging,Terry.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit