EVERTHING you ALWAYS wanted to KNOW!

by Terry 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

There are a large number of very smart people here. A vast array of intelligences has a power and scope quite out of the ordinary.

ASK a question you've always wanted to know (not necessarily religious in nature; just in general) from trivia to personal inquiry......let it out now. SOMEBODY WILL KNOW THE ANSWER! You might be surprised.

I'll start the ball rolling and anybody who knows can jump in and answer.....

"Even the best and most honest parent teaches their kids there REALLY IS a Santa Claus; why don't they view this as (at worst) lying or (at best) untrustworthy? Does the end (enjoyment and a sense of wonder) really justify the means (telling a whopper!)?"

• minimus
    minimus

It just proves lying isn't always a terrible thing to do!

My question: Why do I like Snowbird??

• snowbird
    snowbird

Answer: The end justifies the means. Children have imaginary friends, anyway.

So as to avoid any appearance of bias, I'll allow someone else to answer Minimus' question.

Question: Why do we smile?

Sylvia

• Terry
    Terry

Snowboid wrote:

So as to avoid any appearance of bias, I'll allow someone else to answer Minimus' question.

Question: Why do we smile?

Sylvia

We smile because enflamed pimples with sunglasses and Mr.Peanut arms and legs like to cruise the chicks on JW-Net! It makes me smile, anyway.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    My question: Why do I like Snowbird??

Since there are no takers yet, I'll answer.

Minimus likes me because I'm from Alabama.

Everybody likes Alabamians.

Sylvia

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Why do we smile?

We are herd-ish animals and rely on a wide range of non-verbal communication to get along. Smiling tells others we are welcoming and available. Why "smiling" is the particular mechanism of communicating that is harder to say, but may be related to how difficult it is to eat someone while you are smiling - and the most "authentic" smile also involves the eyes, which would limit predator-like vision.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Parents see the Santa story as a means of discipline placed on to their children, ie. Santa rewards good children who behave properly with gifts.

When the realization comes around that there really isn't a Santa, there usually is wide and varied response,

but for most part in a child's mind there is much imagination and fantasy that gets dissolved during the child's growth and development.

Christmas is really a great lie told and believed not just by children but as adults as well.

The Commandment to not tell a lie or bare false witness must have been forgotten in this regard which

is ironic since its been postulated by the very spiritual organizations that are said to uphold this biblical doctrine.

• dig692
    dig692

In answer to Minimus' question: Why do I like Snowbird?...because EVERYONE likes Snowbird! She's very likeable

My question: What is the difference between Ketchup and Fancy Ketchup? And what's up with Catsup??

• FollowerOfSet
    FollowerOfSet

Modern Ketchup started in the early 19th century. Before then it was usually a fish sauce. There is not difference between Ketchup, catchup, or catsup only the spelling of the name. Fancy ketchup? Makes it more inviting to buy.

What i want to know is who is the sexiest man of our time?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Barrack Hussein Obama is the sexiest man of our time.

Just look at those teeth and listen to that voice!

Gives me the shivers.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit