EVERTHING you ALWAYS wanted to KNOW!

by Terry 27 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

We tell Stories cuz we like to hear stories, thats why we go to movies, read books, we believe in heaven and in a paradise. We like the fantasy. Some of us were raised to value honesty versus fantasy. I never believed in Santa Clause and when I was in kindergarden enjoyed tellling the other kids that Santa Clause didnt existed. I felt I was privileged of information not allowed to everyone else. But I lost the joy of fantasy for the love of truth. The society is used to tell false stories so we follow suit. As we continue to evolve and loose those fantasies we will turn to facts since that will be more accepted...So i think.

Is the concept of family and monogamy an evolutionary trait? or the result of a sociological conditioned environment?

• aniron
    aniron

"Even the best and most honest parent teaches their kids there REALLY IS a Santa Claus;

Do they?

Mine never did. (No they weren't JWs)

• minimus
    minimus

Snowbird, I'm sexier than Obama.

• wobble
    wobble

I cannot ask the question I have always wanted the answer to on here. it would bare my soul too much.

But Minimus.I know why you like Snowbird, it is because she is one classy lady, and way above you ! Tee Hee

Love

Wobble

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Question: Are the short palms that grow as far north as Virginia Beach the same species that grow into tall trees in Florida but are just stunted due to the climate difference? Or are they a completely different species of palm?

My answer to the Santa Claus question is this: it isn't that parents feel the ends justify the means, it is that they were told the same lies as kids themselves and are going to make damned sure their kids go through the same charade they had to go through. Maybe subconsciously they feel it's a character builder to have their kids discover that absolutely anyone, including those who gave you birth, will lie to you. An important life lesson imparted but softened with gifts.

• Farkel
    Farkel

If "inert" means stable does "ert" mean volatile?

Whatever happened to the other 6 "UPs?"

If ingress means entry, why doesn't outgress mean exit?

Stuff like that.

Farkel

• shamus100
    shamus100

What does cat breath smell like? I mean, it stinks, but it doesn't really smell like anything.

And is it okay to lick a cat clean? You know how it is... when you get so bored that you could scream.. is it okay to lick the cat clean?

I would ask the watchtower but I told them to fuck off a while ago.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Cat's bad breath is caused by tartar build up on the teeth. Tartar traps bacteria and food particles that cause bad breath. The food particles are broken down by the bacteria which causes a release of sulfer that stinks. It kind of smells like rotten eggs.

And no, its not okay to lick cats clean. Cats fur is full of very yucky things that you don't want in your mouth.

Good call on the WT by the way.

The Oracle

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

What is the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow?

• streets76
    streets76

At the deepest level, the answer to almost every question is ultimately: Evolution. (That is, natural selection.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit