I'm Out

by Cthulhu 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Do you realize what that would do to their worldwide numbers?

Fatfreak: I'm not sure it would do anything to their numbers, simply b/c the most important number is that of publishers and faders have (at some point) stopped turning in time, so are no longer counted as pubs anyway.

• chickpea
    chickpea

Cthulhu,

already been said
    but bears repeating....

get busy living!

the WTS is a chapter in your history...
    now go out and make some new history!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Nothing is better than freedom. Good luck, and God speed!

• flipper
    flipper

CTHULHU- I am happy for you that you will be able to put it behind you and get on with life, for sure ! I do hope that you don't have TOO mANY JW relatives who will shun you that you felt you needed to be close to. If not, then you're home free.

Myself however , I DO have lots of JW relatives still in who I try to assist to think free and clear authentically without WT influence. So I do hope your prediction of the WT society DFing or DAing all of us faders just because we don't attend or go out in service is just an unfounded rumor among some of you. I've actually been able to assist some of my JW nieces and nephews to stop attending meetings by my conversations with them. If I was suddenly DFed for no other reason than not going to meetings or field service - then my JW siblings would I'm SURE influence my nieces and nephews against me . So pardon me for hoping your predictions fall flat. I have my reasons. Which include my 80 something year old JW parents who DO accept my fading status. Some of us faders are actually accomplishing things proactively- that we don't want messed with

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Congratulations.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Hey, I just wanted to post a thank you for all of your thoughtful comments (funny, I still have a weird taste in my mouth using the word "comment."). To people who have never been a part of this religion the whole idea of "no longer being a JW" seems trivial at best. I mentioned it to some of my "worldly" friends and, while I knew they were happy for me, I could also tell that they had no idea why it was such a life changing and liberating day...the day that I was officially no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. You gues do understand. While I know my posts are rather infrequent, I want you to all know, each one of you, how helpful this forum has been and will continue to be to me. The journey is not over. It has just begun.

• huxley2.0
    huxley2.0

Welcome to your brand new life!

It's a scary and awesome journey. When I DA'd it took effort to build up friends and a new life, but it was soooo worth it.

In a single day I could be scared, delighted, relieved, and grieving.

As a witness we are taught to ignore how we feel about our lives, and just keep pushing on. They say, just keep up with the routine and don't be selfish. Taking care of your emotional and spiritual needs on your own terms is NOT SELFISH.

It's healthy.

Good for you, and awesome moniker by the way. HP stories are great!

Huxley 2.0

• Think About It
    Think About It

Cthulhu.....here is a leaving JW anthem I recommend. Play it loud and listen to the words closely for motivation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojY_mtyMu7Y

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit