I'm Out

by Cthulhu 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Wednesday night I recieved a call from both the COEB and the Kingdom Hall. I didn't answer. Yesterday I called him back and I was informed that unless I wanted to talk to the brothers they had determined that my actions spoke for themselves and that I had by those actions disassociated myself. The announcement was made last night. Evidently the brother up after the one who made the actual announcement was indeed the brother with whom I had butted heads on numerous occassions and he was unable to do his part for his crying so much. In a strange way I was touched by this when I heard about it. I believe I have grown much through all of this and perhaps this very emotional response on his part is some indication of further understanding on his part. I don't know. That part I truely did not expect. In any case, it has been made official.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Chthulhu)))))))

Kind of bittersweet, isn't it?

My time draws ever close ...

Sylvia

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Now you can get busy LIVING.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Cthulhu,

well at least the waiting is over, the sword of Damocles has fallen, I cannot remember all your story ,but it was somewhat unique.

I hope you are not too upset by the way things have gone.

Do you think this has ramifications for the rest of us? Can they just say "By your actions you have DA'd yourself" to someone like me ,who just stopped going ?

Love

Wobble

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Wobble,

There has been speculation for some time now on the idea that that is a stance that will eventually be adopted by the Witnesses. Granted, my situation was a bit different and involved a facebook account on which I openly made jabs at the organization, its doctrine, predictions, and practices as well as shared photographs of my very unwitness tattoos. They made the point that all those things really indicated that I was no longer a Witness. However, as I said, there has been talk of it being reduced to something so simple as "All Witnesses of Jehovah attend meetings and go out in service with a degree of regularity. You are no longer doing this that or the other things that all Witnesses do so you are no longer one of us." This would have a two fold advantage. To begin with they would no longer have to deal with the inactive or the fence sitters. A secondary and, perhaps, stronger benefit for them would be that they could then add further requirements such as "all Witnesses of Jehovah put in x number of hours. If you wish to remain a Witness of Jehovah you must too." If such a policy is ever introduced it will be for purposes of control.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Disassociation is difficult on all parties. Sometimes on this forum we make JWs out to be heartless but they are not. Love, kinship, sadness, are emotions we all feel.

Welcome to your freedom. May you enjoy it.

R

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro

Wobble,

Unless the Elder's at the hall you used to attend get a hold of you somehow, they can't disfellowship or disassociate you. You will just be listed as "inactive" until they get some status update on you, which the Elders might do by either stopping by randomly or calling by telephone. If you are disassociated or disfellowshipped , you can appeal the decision if you'd like too.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Cthulhu, I don't know how affected you are by your new "status", but, as we say in Spanish, "I accompany you in your feelings", if that makes any sense.

Robdar, I totally agree with you.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Best wishes to you on your life outside the wall.

om

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Let us go also, that we may die with him." Couldn't help being reminded of that scripture. It can be a very emotional thing, even when you know what reality is about. Well, hope your freedom brings you better times. Soon, I will join you.

SD-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit