by Cthulhu 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

I agree with LWT, "get busy living".

The Shawshank Redemption

Shawshank Redemption - "Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying."

In fact, "come a little further".

Andy Dufresne

• [in a letter] Dear Red, If you're reading this, you've gotten out. And if you've come this far, maybe you're willing to come a little further. You remember the name of the town, don't you? I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels. I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready. Remember, Red. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well. Your friend, Andy.

Your friend Stephen :)

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Cthulhu - I whish you the best!

A secondary and, perhaps, stronger benefit for them would be that they could then add further requirements such as "all Witnesses of Jehovah put in x number of hours. If you wish to remain a Witness of Jehovah you must too." If such a policy is ever introduced it will be for purposes of control.

This is the way things are going to be very soon. We have some inactive/faders in my cong. The CO keeps implying that we should DA or DF them. He doesn’t say it in a direct way, but the way that he expresses himself shows that this is an order from the GB. They are aware that the majority of faders are done with this organization, and that they represent a danger to their claim of authority because active JW can still talk to faders. We should not be surprised when the official policy gets introduced, there will be an initiative to DA/DF all those who have not been reporting FS time and/or attending meetings regularly for a certain period of time.

These are the biblical texts that will be used to justify this policy.

2 Thess. 3: 6 Now we are giving YOU orders, brothers, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to withdraw from every brother walking disorderly and not according to the tradition YOU received from us. ” (NWT)

2 Thess. 3:14 But if anyone is not obedient to our word through this letter, keep this one marked, stop associating with him, that he may become ashamed.

Be ware faders….you have been warned!!

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro

tjlibre - That starting to sound about right for my congregation. The overseer or whatever he's called now, is saying that people who fade out are "bad news"

• zoiks
    zoiks

Cthulhu -

All the best to you...

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The last time I heard the announcement that a friend of mine was no longer a Witness I was actually jealous!

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

They are aware that the majority of faders are done with this organization, and that they represent a danger to their claim of authority because active JW can still talk to faders. We should not be surprised when the official policy gets introduced, there will be an initiative to DA/DF all those who have not been reporting FS time and/or attending meetings regularly for a certain period of time.

While I don't question the possibility of making such announcements, I seriously doubt that it will fly. Do you realize what that would do to their worldwide numbers? I'd venture to say that some 50% of their membership numbers are made up of faders who would come under the umbrella of a platform announcement -- "the following list of people are no longer Jehovah's Witnesses ...". Such a mass announcement of names could cause repercussions that even the GB hasn't considered within their worst nightmare.

I could, however, see where they could draw a line in the sand and say, effective January, 2010 and forward -- fade and your name will be called.

Len Miller

• nugget
    nugget

Congratulations on your freedom!

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I never understood the need to read a DA letter. Because of the rumour mill the JWs in an inactive person's circuit know more about that person's spiritual welfare than the inactive person does. All the JWs already know if any given JW is conforming to the rules or not. The fact that the inactive person is not there every meeting says that already. So, why is it necessary?

"Worldly" people don't view in inactive person as a JW and couldn't care less anyway. The JWs already know. So, what purpose does a DA announcment serve?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Cthulhu,

Congratulations. Now you can get on with living. I hope you don't have too many problems. You are probably right that at some point they might view anybody who isn't active as DA'd. If they do, so what? I couldn't care less at this point.

Happy Guy,

DA announcement is just something that makes it EASY for the religion to silence YOU. This way they can announce your name and it is over with and all the scared JWs won't talk to you and find out what is wrong with the RELIGION - which is what the religion is most afraid of - EXPOSURE. By having somebody DA themselves this solves one more problem for the religion. They are scared shitless of those among them who might not be such true believers. They would much rather the dissenters DA themselves.

If you don't send a DA letter and are discreet you can plant a few seeds of doubt in the minds of loved ones and others who are captive to this awful religion.

• TD
    TD
    However, as I said, there has been talk of it being reduced to something so simple as "All Witnesses of Jehovah attend meetings and go out in service with a degree of regularity. You are no longer doing this that or the other things that all Witnesses do so you are no longer one of us."

I wouldn't put anything past them, but would still be surprised if they did this. In the U.S., there is a fairly serious legal reason why the JW ministry needs to be voluntary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit