Watchtower Bible and Tract Society will move their world headquarters to Warwick -- Patterson Part Deux

by oppostate 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82
    The plan to move out of Brooklyn is a reaction to 911.
    Do you agree? What else could motivate their move to the burbs?

That might partially be it, but I don't think that is everything.
    Considering all the cutbacks over the past 10-15 years, it is apparent that while asset rich, they are cash flow poor.
    By moving out of Brooklyn, they can sell all their skyline-view, waterfront Brooklyn property to developers (as soon as the real estate market 
    bounces back anyway) and pocket (likely) billions and billions of dollars. That will resolve their cash flow issues for decades - long enough for
    the current crop of GB to finish out their days in (relative) luxury.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

Did I miss where the above quoted report was from ? A local newspaper ?

Rub a Dub

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

When they say "Shawangunk" they mean the Wallkill complex. The Shawangunk Mountain Ridge is about ten miles northwest-ish 
    of Wallkill... you can see the ridge from the complex.
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Russians have the right idea ..............

............. let them get settled in then evict them.

• yesidid
    yesidid

The quote is from the Warwick Advertiser of November last year.

http://www.strausnews.com/articles/2009/11/26/warwick_advertiser/news/2.txt

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Oh great!! Just what we need in Orange County Our neighbor Ulster Co. has the Wallkill farm, across the hudson ,in neighboring Dutchess/Putnam Co. is the Patterson facility, and some years ago they built the Assembly Hall in the town of Newburgh(Orange Co.) after selling the former Assembly hall located in Monroe(Orange Co.) to the growing Hasidic Jewish community .I guess we'll see somewhat paradise conditons within the Hudson Valley area. lol

• agonus
    agonus

They're running from the Wrath of God... good luck with that fellas...

• agonus
    agonus

Also selling off their assets to silence child abuse victims and pay the lawyers who run the damn thing

• Gerard
    Gerard

Cults 101: The higher the fence around the complex, the better the isolation.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

One town away from me...well, at least it should be easy to get the latest literature...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit