John Doe
    Why did you miss class for two days?

Because I wasn't there.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why is your eye twitching?

• Atman
    Atman
    He's a temperamental, eccentric, and more than a little off kilter liberal who seems to be happier when a student answers wrong than when they answer right. You all know anyone like that?

What an asshole. I've had professors like that you've just got to ignore them and do your stuff.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I just don't like the way he seems to derive pleasure from it and act like a pompous ass

Pompous ass professors have never bothered me. I take as well as I give and at the end of the semester, they usually tell me how much they enjoyed me. Give him hell, JD. Dazzle him with your b.s., and make sure he doesn't forget you.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If you want to get a decent grade, you better start buttering him up. Wear a kilt and sit on the front row.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Wear a kilt and sit on the front row."

Sans underwear

• parakeet
    parakeet

In the future, in order to avoid these self-appointed guardians of the sacred knowledge, get to know some upperclassmen. They'll tell you which profs are jerks and which ones are knowledgeable and fair.

I once attended a graduate class from a prof who stated in his syllabus that he was going to work his students so hard, they had better learn to love coffee. I dropped the class the next day and added another with a more reasonable prof.

Nothing worse than a gasbag who has power over you.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Try this approach with your professor to appeal to his sense of humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOUMIXbTM5U

Think About It

• Caedes
    Caedes

Any particular reason you should get special treatment, as far as I can see if you can't be arsed to turn up getting an F is pretty reasonable. I'm sure the lecturer would rather spend his time on students who take his course seriously and don't waste his time.

You should know at the start of the term what the requirements of your course are, college students shouldn't have to have things spelt out for them as if they were small children at school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit