so I ticked a professor off

by John Doe 41 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I missed the last two days of class, and did not email him before class telling him I was going to miss. Evidently this was a requirement for the class. He emailed me today and told me I could not return to class until I meet with him and the school dean, and if I didn't do it by Monday he was going to assign an F for the course.

I met with him this afternoon, and he was in a tizzy. Unreasonable tizzy it seemed to me. At any rate, he chewed me out for 10 minutes and then asked if I was going to drop the course. I said, no, I would like to remain in. So, he told me I had two strikes against me and if I got a 3rd, it was an F for the course. He also told me he was going to call on me for every question in class tomorrow, I suppose to more or less make an example of me. That means I've got to have every case memorized and every detail categorized and analyzed. And it won't matter how well I do, I can tell he's going to intentionally put me on the spot and grind until he embarasses me. Ah well. Such is the life of a lowly student.

He's a temperamental, eccentric, and more than a little off kilter liberal who seems to be happier when a student answers wrong than when they answer right. You all know anyone like that?

• crapola
    crapola

Yeah, my husband!

• Robdar
    Robdar

I love academia.

• Robdar
    Robdar

So, he has initiated the adversarial system on your rear end, eh?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He`s just unhappy,he could`nt get a job as a Prison Guard..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• dinah
    dinah

Give him a tube of vaseline and bend over. Just sayin'

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I love academia.

Yeah, you just like the thought of me being ground into the dirt, eh.

• Scully
    Scully

Give him a tube of vaseline and bend over. Just sayin'

I'd offer a salt shaker filled with sand to go with. Just sayin'.

Oh and to answer your question, yes, I had a prof in college who loved picking on people. Especially if they were male. It was so bad that I led a petition to have her disciplined / suspended on grounds of gender discrimination.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    It was so bad that I led a petition to have her disciplined / suspended on grounds of gender discrimination.

Good for you, Scully!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I don't want to give the wrong impression--I don't mind being grilled. That's part of what we're supposed to be learning. I just don't like the way he seems to derive pleasure from it and act like a pompous ass. Ah well. Only 12 more weeks with the guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit