How long before you stopped believing armageddon was on your doorstep?

by bubba flavel 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• engineer11
    engineer11

I have read John Denton's works. http://www.tangotango.org.uk/

It is the business, and it makes a lot more sense.

OK he is putting dates on things, but when you work it out on God's "Great Calender" it all fits!

Furthermore, I think there are only a handful of people in the world who appreciate John's work, which proves it is correct in that it is in the early stages, and Jesus hasn't yet come to kingly power.

Now this makes sense...

Jesus' enthronement 1033, a generation 37 1/2 years, and then during the rule of the 8th king the "end" comes in 2070.

I always thought that the bible had all the answers.

THAT is why it is called the "Sacred Secret", as we are still in "God's Rest".

Read it people, it's great!

Thanks,

Mark Lawton

• engineer11
    engineer11

Sorry the line "Jesus' enthronement 1033, a generation 37 1/2 years, and then during the rule of the 8th king the "end" comes in 2070.2

Should read...

"Jesus' enthronement 2033, a generation 37 1/2 years, and then during the rule of the 8th king the "end" comes in 2070."

I don't know if you can edit your posts.

Mark

• Heaven
    Heaven

I was pretty sure that it was bogus when it didn't show in 1975 and then 7 years later my Mom tries to convince me and my bro. not to go to College because the new system was so close.

But I truly stopped believing about 2 years ago when I found out, thanks to the Internet, that the JWs have been saying this for over 130 years. It then dawned on me that even the Bible was wrong... because 2000 years just ain't 'close' either!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hey, engineer11, welcome to JWN! Yes you can edit your posts. Click on the little pencil in the conversation bubble to the right of the date on your post. You have about an hour and then they aren't editable anymore.

• designs
    designs

Sometime in the early 90s, ok a little slow on the uptake, but when you have 90% of the Public Talks and Watchtower studies on the BIG Kaboom it gets ingrained.

Not living for the big holy War is liberating, so much more to do with life and living and love.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I was one who never believed it in private. I even avoided making references to "how close it was" in talks.

More than one other elder and I talked (prior to 1975) what a disaster it would be when that year came and went and nothing happened.

Other stuff I never believed was all that guff about the "thinking heart" and the whole chronology of 7,000 year long "creative days". 1914, I knew, was not a true prophecy either - it was just an earlier failed 1975.

I actually held on until about 1979 because I (wrongly) thought that people like Ray Franz would have a chance to reform the cult because of the failure of 1975 - and we see how well that worked out, right?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

More or less when I had to start planning for retirement! Geeze, never thought I'd get to be past 50 in this old system of things...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit