Believers: Does Jesus Personally Talk to You?

by leavingwt 55 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

agonus -- Thank you. I suspect that your take on things is common among many Christians.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Have a look at this LWT-you can preview the contents by clicking "look inside".

How to Hear From God: Learn to Know His Voice

I bought the book myself. I haven't read it yet because I just lent it to my stepmother but I know Joyce's teaching well and I find it excellent.

See what you think.

Blessings,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I hear his voice in the words of my children, I hear his voice in my head when I need him the most and even when I don't want to hear it.

I realise that He has always been there, even when I wasn't.

I thank Him for that everyday.

He's a cool dude, he's got a bit of a sneaky sense of humour at times and it's very easy to talk to Him.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Stephen -- Thank you for the book recommendation.

PSacramento -- Thank you. How different was it when you were a beliving JW? A little? Very?

• Chalam
    Chalam

I agree with what PS has said.

This says it all

John 15:13-15

13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

ESV Study Bible Notes

John 15:13–14 You are my friends implies a stunning level of comfortable personal interaction with one who is also the eternal, omnipotent Creator of the universe (see 1:1–3, 10). In the OT, only Abraham (2 Chron. 20:7; Isa. 41:8) and by implication Moses (Ex. 33:11) are called “friends of God.” Here Jesus extends this privilege to all obedient believers.

I wonder how many JWs might have said they are a "friend of Jesus" in the kingdom halls?

Blessings,

Stephen

• truthlover
    truthlover

Nothing tangible other than when going thru various problems and needing a lift, prayer was always a part of my life .. and it seemed that the issues became of no consequence and helped in times of distress. What you want to call it is up to you, what I call it is an indirect way my prayers were answered.....

TL

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

truthlover -- Thank you. If you prayers are answered, you can't ask for much more.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

At the risk of being shot down by the skeptics here I will relate one experience. I was driving my truck when I was overcome by grief thinking about the loses I was going through choking back tears so my offsider would not notice when I felt this presence like I was being hugged and a voice not audible and not simply a thought in my head said its OK Bob we can do this. No I was not on drugs and if anything I am very skeptical about Christians telling me that Jesus talks to them and tells them what to do

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Luo bou to -- Thank you for giving your comments. I've asked any skeptics to withold negative comments from this thread. Interesting experience.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSacramento -- Thank you. How different was it when you were a beliving JW? A little? Very?

I was NEVER a Jw, my Mom was the first, then my eldest sister and finally my Father this past year.

I will never be a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit