Believers: Does Jesus Personally Talk to You?

by leavingwt 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Believers: Does Jesus Personally Talk to You?

Yes, but he does so in Aramaic, and his breath reeks with wine. Can anyone translate for me?

Farkel

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

fluke -- Hang in there. It may happen, yet.

Stephen -- I enjoyed your statement, here:

To honest, I am not listening half the time, too busy with my own thing :(

That is funny, and very balanced, I suppose.

-LWT

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m agnostic..

I don`t talk to anyone..

Unless they bring Beer up to the Mountain..

I let my friend "Shelby/Aguest" know about this thread..

That girl talks with Jesus all the time..

Hopefully she shows up..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Chalam
    Chalam

The thing is, we are all pretty busy with our lives, Christian or not. I'd say we are likely too busy with things that are of little consequence.

What could be more important than making time for the Creator of the universe, especially when He is a loving Father?

Some people don't believe He exists. He won't force them to believe or change the necessity for faith just because we think it would be better without it.

Some people don't want to listen because the think God is a spoil sport, I certainly though He would spoil all the fun and I would miss out. I will tell my kids, "you won't miss a thing save pain and heartache". I hope they are wise and listen to the of counsel of their earthly and Heavenly Father.

Some people have had Him totally misrepresented, JWs a great case in point. The "jehovah" of the WT is nothing to do with the Father I know.

So I look forward to hearing what He is saying to you. In one sense, it is no different to what He is saying to the whole of mankind. However, on the other hand, He deals with His children on an individual basis, like with the book issue I mentioned for example.

Anyhow, read this chapter for example Isaiah 43 or this one Isaiah 55 and see if anything is "highlighted". Certainly, it won't all be for you but some things might might have a extra depth, in your inner spirit as well as your head.

Feel free PM if you prefer.

Blessings,

Stephen

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

OUTLAW -- Thank you. Please tell her to visit.

That girl talks with Jesus all the time..
  • HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I'm trying to imagine the creator of the universe talking to a human.

First problem is that the creator of the universe does not LIVE in this universe, soooooo, how does he make contact? So, let's pursue that and see where it takes us.

Sally is walking along admiring the flowers and the butterflies when the sky turns wicked scary, you know horror movie scary and a wormhole suddenly appears and WAAAAALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA out pops What?

Hmmm, since the Creator of our universe was here before the material universe existed, the Creator is not material, sooooo how does Sally "see" the Creator?

Okay, we'll just let him be a big fiery cloud or something.

Sally is terrified half out of her mind. To reassure her The Creator "talks", but since the Creator has no material form it can only talk by manipulating the big fiery cloud, I know THUNDER. So, The Creator booms out of the scary fiery cloud "SALLY, do not be afraid". Sorry, dude, sally has had a heart attack and been scared to death, literally.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

To those who sent me PMs -- Thank you.

• badseed
    badseed

It's all in the head.

There's a church across the river from where I live. I went there a few times, enjoyed parts of it. I like to be honest about my past so struck a conversation with the minister, 1- told him I had no money to give him 2- I was an x jw, etc. I always felt they really didn't like me because I'm not into pastor worship. He's not god and I don't believe god talks to him more than anyone else. Not what he claims though.

So a while back, since they have some real estate, I wanted to rent an appartment from them. The reason was a new tenant had moved into my building and she was a real pain, dirty, slob, bad element and I wanted to get away from her at all cost. The pastor's wife told me that her and her husband had prayed over it and the answer they got was that they should not rent to me. Six months down the road, the slob upstairs moves out, guess where?? In one of the pastor's rentals. Now that's payback.LOL Within a year, that real estate will lose half its value, it will be totally destroyed. They just finished two weeks of renovating her old rent here, the place stunk, not even funny.

My point? The pastor and his wife prayed god, I didn't, yet they got stuck with the rotten apple and my wishes were answered. I wonder what god was trying to tell them? I have yet to meet the wife so I can tell her. It'll make my day when I do.

• agonus
    agonus

In an audible voice, no.

But I've no doubt He has spoken to me on many occasions through synchronicities and that "still small voice within."

• agonus
    agonus

I, however, speak in an audible voice to Him all the time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit