Does anybody else feel relieved that they won't be tortured during the great tribulation?

by doublelife 35 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

You gotta have sympathy for the Fundamentalists/Literalists, they actually sniffed the glue bottle longer than we did.

'Do a little good each day'

• Edington
    Edington

Persecution used to worry me sick when I was a young boy, horrendous accounts from Malawi under Dr Banda & Idi Amin's reign of terror in Uganda just reinforced the knot of tension in my stomach..............Not healthy for a young mind!

I tried to talk to my parents about it & they said I should not dwell on it as it may never happen to me...................but it WAS happening to some brother or sister somewhere in the world............... why wouldn't it happen to me?

They said in their kind & caring way 'You think too much.'

But I knew I would give in & agree to signing anything with the very first finger nail being pull out, the first slice of a blade through part of my body.

I kept hearing Jehovah wont let you suffer beyond what you could bear.

How would he know what I could bear? Would he be watching & deciding 'No I wont step in just yet I think Ed could stand having another finger cut off & then thinking to himself 'Hmmm no not just yet he could still endure having a red hot poker shuvved up his backside'.

I would try to understand when does my 'loving' heavenly father, my 'friend', in his heavenly wisdom stop approving of me being tortured & actually save me?

I know my real father would've done all in his power to the point of losing his own life to protect me from the evil.

Do you think its right for a child to think of all this at such an impressionable age?

Ed

• designs
    designs

Ed, Religions are famous for using fear as a control factor, Hell, Purgatory, Fire from Heaven, Divine Natural Disasters, the angel that will slit your throat while you sleep and on it goes. They play on a person's natural need to feel safe from harm. It was and still is a cruel thing to teach children or adults such things.

• Perry
    Perry

Excellent Point Chalam! The hundreds of fulfilled prophecies in the bible provide solid reasoning and support for believing in future prophetic fulfillments.

As you correctly point out, The Great Trib isn't God's judgment as the WT teaches. It is a man made war where 2/3 of the earth's population will be killed. Man killing man as they always have done.

As bad as this is, this is not what Jesus told us to fear. This is what he told us to fear:

Matthew 10:28 And fear ° not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

As horrific as it will be, the judgement AFTER death makes the Tribulation look like Disney World. Of course the Liberals like the WT and others, will deny a LITERAL Judgment. Too bad the Liberals weren't around to correct Jesus when he spoke the above words.

Can you believe God would say stuff like that without checking with the Liberals first for clarification?

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I was terrified as a child. When I became a parent, I was even more terrified of my children being tortured! It is a relief to not have that fear hanging over my head.

• doublelife
    doublelife

designs: Lol.

Edington: 'You think too much.' I remember hearing that myself. And it does give you something to think about when you realize that your real father would get himself killed to save you whereas Jehovah will just watch so that you can prove your loyalty.

QuestioningEverything: Amen.

• jdhf
    jdhf

Hey guys (and gals)...brings back too many nights of nightmares...and as an adult too! I was TERRIFIED of someone hurting my girls... My daughter A had many sleepless nights worrying about being separated from me during the G Trib. It's things horror movies are made of... There's still an 80 yr old bro in my old hall terrified if he can't get his meds during it....should he have to worry about such things?? How can the GB justify terrifying the bejeebes out of so many people??

• doublelife
    doublelife

jdhf: A few years ago I started taking thyroid medicine and wondered the same thing. I also wondered if I'd be able to keep my eye glasses. If not, then I wouldn't be able to see anything. If I was made to do a death march I wouldn't be able to see where I was going.

• Edington
    Edington

Hello doublelife...........I would hold your hand & help you.

Ed

• designs
    designs

You know one of these days a Oil drilling rig is going to hit the Abyss and all of those literal flying scorpions are going to be released

'Do a little good each day'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit