All Right I'm a Little Freak Out-> Psyhic Thread Warning!

by frankiespeakin 29 Replies latest jw friends

• megs
    megs

Okay, I've asked 20 questions, and it's "0" for 20...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Frankie, read the link that Nelly gave. It explains why your niece can do it and nobody else can. Sorry to spoil the fun. Here is a paste from Nelly's link:

Peteranswers.com: The Magic Tricks Revealed

First, instead of typing in the petition box, “Peter, please answer the . . .” begin by instead typing:

“.”

That’s right. Simply type a period. What happens next is pure magical genius.

Instead of seeing what you’d expect (a “.”) you see a “P”. Then type whatever the heck you want and the rest of the phrase “Peter, please answer the following” appears.

As long as nobody pays any attention to where your fingers are actually landing the prank works slick.

The trick to the prank is to here type in the answer to whatever question you are going to ask next. When you’re done just keep typing until the phrase is complete. Whenever you hit the “:” your cursor will jump to the next box–where you’ll type in the actual question.

Hit return and bingo! Whatever you really typed into the petition box appears.

peteranswers.com and peter answers for advanced users

Once you get the hang of how peteranswers.com works, it won’t be long before you run into a little snag. The problem is, sometimes your answer is much shorter (has fewer characters to type) than the 41 keystrokes it takes to type “peter please answer the following question”:

There are actually three ways to solve this problem:

1. Type another “.” When you do this, the program opens back up and shows exactly what you are typing again. For example, if your “answer” was “Lisa.” That’s only 4 keystrokes, which would take you to “Pete” in the petition. Just type another “.” after the last letter of your answer. Now you’ll have “Peter” and from now on you can continue typing the rest of the petition, “please answer the following question:”
    2. Another option is to fake it until you get to “Peter, please answer.” You don’t have to keep punching keys until the entire long petition is filled out. Just remember to type the “:” when you’re done.
    3. The final way to make this work is to simply play dumb. Pretend you lost control of your fingers and type a “:” when you’re done. As soon as you type the “:” you’ll skip to the next box. Just say “oops” or something and keep going.

So there, my dear friends. The truth has set you free. Once the mystery of peteranswers.com is solved, the novelty wears off pretty quickly doesn’t it?

And if you’re a school teacher, it’s really fun to watch two things:

1) The air escaping from the Peter Answers carriers as they lose their power, and

2) The enlightenment of one who only recently had been losing their minds in a state of confused awe.

• megs
    megs

A very simple parlour trick I plan on mesmerising my co-workers with!

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

This short video is from the link Nelly posted. It explains and shows how it works in 1 minute and 17 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TkHJsaapok&feature=related

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Yeah, it definitely does -not- work. All I get was "You do not believe" and "You must be patient", then I read that link above and tried it out. Sure enough.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jerkh,

That's not the same site and I don't ask the question until after the petition. It works only for my niece and she's only 12 and she typing in no answer in the petition line. And the answers to her question are not something she is typing to fool us. Sorry but i'm still freaked and impressed.

The site don't work for me or my sister only for my niece and she only 12.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Your clever niece is typing in the answers in the Petition area. It's a computer program, a website, not a psychic sitting there.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

God I don't beleive it I've been punked by a 12 year old. I'm so embarassed

• fluke
    fluke

I like that

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well, we talked to my niece about some of the repercussions in playing this trick on people. She did it on one of her girl friends who's brother died in a car crash and she said something that made her start crying. She has to appologize to her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit