Tattoos/Piercings?

by Think About It 35 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

You've made me think - when I was considering one, I recall asking an elder if it was alright to get one. His response was 'depending on what the tattoo would be'. So, if a (young) sister did get one in an intimate place....would the elders have to look and 'judge' if it is 'appropriate'?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Two years ago i got my first one, a cartoon picture of my wife that she drew, the second is a band of flames around by forearm with 4 naked zombie girls inside it, that i drew... This one was done by my wife when working as a tattooist. She too has a larger design on her arm, half the design is by her and the other half by me.

As for hair, well... pretty similar to my avatar still.

oz

• MisfitMeL
    MisfitMeL

I got a tattoo on my lower back last June. Best thing I ever did!

My mum didn't know about it of course and I planned to keep it that way... unfortunately she spotted it while I was bending over one day and all hell broke loose.... she shrieked and shouted about I had defiled myself... and satan and wordly people had 'done something' to me to force me to do such a thing... and being a JW didn't I know jehovah's laws blah blah... even tho there is only one scripture about it... and it's in the old testament which ironically isn't supposed to apply to us!!

She still makes me occasional jibe about me being 'filthy' and how I ruined my body and what shame it would bring if any JWs saw it my real friends love it though!

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I've thought about this before, and if I was still in but realized all I do now, I'd start getting piercings and maybe visible tattoos just to see what would happen. LOL.

I got a helix piercing soon before I left (maybe 6 months?), and besides my dad, no one said anything. I did keep it covered around certain people, though, so I don't think a lot of people noticed. I should have shown it off more.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Well, I did it. First tattoo on the right calf.

• watson
    watson

Misfit has a "tramp stamp!!"

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

LOL, I know so many younger sisters who have "secret" tattoos...I didn't realize a pioneer sister had one until she bent over in front of me to pick her child up and her "tramp stamp" popped up over the waistband of her jeans.

Do what you like...but just remember, when you're 80, you'll look like a wrinkled newspaper.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Always wanted a cool earring. So I got 4. No tats I'm way to hairy LOL

• White Dove
    White Dove

By the time I'm 80, I won't care about all those wrinkles. I'll be too wise to worry about it like a 30 something freaking at her reflection in a mirror.

'Sides, if almost everyone is getting tattoos now, I'll be in very good company come old age.

The nursing home will probably have contests about their tattoos! "Guess My Tattoo" night.

I have an anklet of small flowers and a small flower above the inside of the other ankle.

The older women of my family don't have wrinkled elephant ankles. They are smooth and skinny.

Mine are skinny and smooth and will probably stay that way into old age.

I have nose, tongue, and multiple ear piercings. I don't usually wear all the earrings at once, though.

Used to have belly piercing but it never healed so I took it out.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Oh, I like tattoos...there are just certain places I wouldn't get one...like on my breast. I wouldn't want to see that cute little rose turn into the long stemmed variety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit