My Mother Still Prays For Me To Come Back To The "Truth" Every Day!

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII
    Hey, I wonder if we are related?

Sister Robdar, I think the *Creatures* thing has to be something they've picked up over the years from the mags. My aunts, her sisters, talk exactly the same way. One aunt was telling me about her new cat and she started in about what a beautiful creature it was and how Jehovah creates such beautiful creatures. I looked at the phone like an alien was in it.

Too weird. ha ha ha

• Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

Here's what my mom prays for:

And now for the way your decision has affected me-your mother. I cry every single day. I am back to praying every day to die because it hurts too bad to live and breathe. You are the only family I had left and now you've decided to throw me away too. We have done a lot together, gone a lot of places together and been through a lot together. I have loved you since before you were born. I have tried to do the best I could to raise you and guide you. I tried the best I knew how to protect you from the madman we lived with. You were the one I depended on. While it is true I have the brothers at the hall, it is not the same as flesh and blood. I feel abandoned. It makes me very sad that you are willing to throw your relationship with me away for some girl who will only like you if you change and become what she wants you to be. Most of all it makes me sad that you are willing to throw your relationship with Jehovah away. It just doesn't make any sense. You may be happy for a while but I believe that eventually you will see everything that you have lost. You can't just throw your whole life up to this point away. I will always be your mom and I will always love you.

Nice dosage of emotional blackmail. Mom's can definitely be powerful.

Aeiouy

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

How sad you have to post this minimus on a public forum

• JWoods
    JWoods
    How sad you have to post this minimus on a public forum

??? - I suspect he did it to share the situation with others. Don't see anything particularly sad about it other than the mom is still blindly Jdub.

• minimus
    minimus

why is it sad?

• Robdar
    Robdar

VIII:

I looked at the phone like an alien was in it.

LOL!

Wait a minute, you sure there wasn't an alien in it?

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Wow, Aeiouy, your mother has other issues, not JW related.

You are the only family I had left and now you've decided to throw me away too.

If I were her son I'd make one thing clear: there are two relationships going on here (1) yours with her and (2) hers with the publishing company. Work hard on (1) and make it clear that (2) has nothing to do with you.

Bless you both and thank you for sharing.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

A casual discussion with my folks about our travels and the countries we've seen turned into "Well, it's nice you could see the earth Jehovah created for us before Jehovah brings to ruin those ruining the earth. Soon it will all be destroyed by Jehovah. So see the earth's beauty before it's gone." (That made no sense!) Followed by "Oh sweety, we pray for you every day." I pray for them too, because they're getting old and the "friends" don't come around much any more. I pray they figure it out pretty soon but it would break their hearts so I bite my tongue.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It will not be like the prodigal son. Those who do return are faced with having to sit quietly in the Kingdumb Hell for months or years, and they will be meeting with the hounders to make sure they have repented of their "sins". This can take a long time. And then, once they are back, they will be prevented from commenting for a time. They usually are regarded as bad associations for quite a while after they do return.

Hardly like the prodigal son. I would never go back to the cancer.

• minimus
    minimus

Did the prodigal son have a judicial hearing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit