My Mother Still Prays For Me To Come Back To The "Truth" Every Day!

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Robdar, that's a good one!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Nothing fails like prayer.

• VIII
    VIII

I took the mags, threw them in the garbage and put used cat litter on top of them. That was a small bit of satisfaction.

As for the IHBS offer, I totally ignored it. She has gotten more zealous lately. When she says it to me on the phone, I flat out say "NO". The way I say it pretty much tells her that if she pushes I am going to say something pretty rude.

While I want to keep my relationship with her alive and upbeat, I just can't handle the continual "Jehovah" crap. When I challenge her on JW issues, she backs right down and suddenly is busy/tired/ill. Never fails. So she knows I have info she can't refute.

One other thing I hear a lot of is "Look at all the creatures Jehovah created. Aren't they beautiful? He created so many beautiful things. All the creatures."

She has a real thing about "creatures". It has to be an Awake, psueso NatGeo thing. (puke)

• minimus
    minimus

Oh Elsewhere.

• VIII
    VIII

I have to try the "I'm praying to Jehovah for guidance" line and see if that works.

Anything to get her to stop. Seriously, some days, I cringe. Most days when I see her on caller ID. That is sad when so many here do not have a relationship with their JW families. I know that. Yet, when you do, all you hear is "come back, Jehovah wants you."

• acolytes
    acolytes

Minimus

I envy you. And admire her missplaced loyalty.

Acolytes

• journey-on
    journey-on
    She has a real thing about "creatures"
    This made me laugh. When I was growing up a JW, I remember asking my mother what Jehovah looks like and she said "we don't know, he's a spirit creature." In my little mind, a creature was some kind of wild-eyed monster. So, if Jehovah is a spirit creature, I better be afraid...very afraid.
  • Robdar
    Robdar

VIII:

One other thing I hear a lot of is "Look at all the creatures Jehovah created. Aren't they beautiful? He created so many beautiful things. All the creatures."
    She has a real thing about "creatures". It has to be an Awake, psueso NatGeo thing. (puke)

OMG, my mother has been doing that too. After you're through, please pass me the puke bucket.

Hey, I wonder if we are related?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well you never know, maybe minimus will be re-dubbed.

No but really, it's a shame for your mum. But kind of sweet as well, no?

• minimus
    minimus

My mom always is hoping. It keeps her going, I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit