A Major Problem With The Catholic Church

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

My brother was accepted to seminary about 2 years ago. They put candidates through a battery of psych profiles these days to weed out these kinds of people. They used to not do that. It isn't easy to get in.

• minimus
    minimus

But what about those they KNOW are bad? They still keep them.

• undercover
    undercover

The problem with the RCC is the same as the problem with the WTS/JWs (and any other religion for that matter)...

The leaders think they have a dedicated circuit to God that no one else has and that they are blessed or have his spirit or are his channel to communicate his thoughts to believers. In that scenerio, there is little room for them to ponder on the possibility that they are not handling things correctly or that maybe *gasp* they're in error.

This position gives them a sense of pride and arrogance that prevents them from ever considering that they haven't or aren't handling things in a right manner. How could it? They're God's spokemen. Man has no authority over God and God uses them.

If you really look at the child abuse scandal in either religion, you have to come to one of two conclusions (if you're honest with yourself): Either the religion was in error in how things were done which means they did not have God's spirit as he would not have let this happen to his servants or - God is a sick fuck himself and doesn't care what his spokesmen do to children. In either case, the organization is not worthy of respect, admiration or worship from people who really care about the welfare of others, especially people who can't take care of themselves, i.e. children.

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover's on fire!

• leec
    leec

Unfortunately I think a major reason why this is so widespread is that most of these pedos were introduced to the practice as children by their own priests, and so on and so on. It sort of guarantees that many of the next generation will grow up to follow suit.

• minimus
    minimus

In Boston, SNAP is involved with urging the Church to give up the names of those reputed to be molesters. Evidently a Boston priest is one of the priests involved in the Ireland mess.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Minimus

I have always enjoyed reading your post and they have helped me gain an insight into the mob!

However I am curious why JWs focus so much on the failings of the RCC?

I have read watchtower magazines pouring scorn on them, listened to my wife and MIL and others from the dub organization pour scorn on them and various people on here.

How the RCC have handled the issue is bad, no arguement, but is any other church or religion any better? I am CofE (Anglican) and to my knowlege are really no better than the RCC when it comes to dealing with these problems and others have pointed out such as Donny it covers the whole spectrum religion.

But why do JW target the RCC so much?

MTTM

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The RCC is an easy target, they are HUGE and well, they screw up a lot !
    LOL !

• leec
    leec

MTTM: "However I am curious why JWs focus so much on the failings of the RCC?"

Isn't it like 2 little kids being caught doing something bad, and the one turns and points to the other and says "but HE did it FIRST" ... or "HE did something much worse"

• minimus
    minimus

Married, the RCC is very acceptable and considered a very significant part of Christianity. I think the RCC is extremely wrong with how they're dealing with this issue. If the Baptists were doing this stuff at the magnitude that the RCC, I'd say the same thing about them.

Regarding the RCC, I just think the religion is wrong. The cultism involved disturbs me. I know many wonderful Catholics. I just think they are "The True Church". I feel the same about the Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit