A Question About "Insecure" People

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I want to tell you what truly irritates me. When I see a person come off as being extremely confident and punky, and someone else will say, "He/she is like that because they are really insecure".....Yeah, right!

If someone projects an image of supreme confidence, always tells everyone else why they're supremely right, and puts down others and always exalts themselves, would you believe that their behavior is because of their being "insecure"???

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

From what I have seen, it most often happens with people who wish to deflect attention from their own IBS condition (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

Rub a Dub

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Yes, because secure people do not need to exalt themselves

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

For some people, yes - you can tell the ones who have insecurity issues when you turn it around on them. Truly confident people don't wilt or lash out when they're being challenged, they stick up for themselves calmly. When you have to be extremely careful of everything you say around a 'confident' person, they have insecurity issues in my opinion.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, I've seen lots of examples of this.

It's easier to see if you spend time with such a person in a group setting, then in a more private setting. The difference can be astonishing.

• undercover
    undercover
    If someone projects an image of supreme confidence, always tells everyone else why they're supremely right, and puts down others and always exalts themselves, would you believe that their behavior is because of their being "insecure"???

I think it depends on the person and how they go about displaying this behavior.

Some people come off as "know-it-alls" or too self-important because they are really hiding an insecurity. They over-compensate by trying to impress everyone never realizing they're coming off as intolerable.

Other people are just assholes and really believe the shit they're shoveling and expect everyone to bow down to them and their supreme knowledge of the universe.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Minimus, you've mastered the fine are of making people want to hug your neck even when you're cursing them out!

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover, I agree especially with definition 2. Some people are just assholes and they think their sh*t don't stink.

My friend had to deal with such a person that I know. She always talks about how men are inferior to women, women are smarter and how her husband is lucky to have her. Really, she's not all that. She thinks she's so hot and the truth is, she isn't but in her little world, she rules the roost.She is overconfident, condescending and a biatch. But of course, she is "insecure".

• acolytes
    acolytes

Minnimus

It is oftern said that many a celebrity(Actor, Musician,Comedian)are really insecure people who use their talent as a mask-

I think when people are relaxed about their masculinity or feminity they usually come across as less superior and dominating making their company prefable.

Acolytes

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

This says it all:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit