A Question About "Insecure" People

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I recall a converation I had not too long ago, I friend of mine has asked me whay I don't teach Martial arts anymore and there are a few reasons, but he said something relevant to this thread:

Lots of guys teach, they don't know jack but they think they do, and many don't teach and they know so much, why?

I replied that, for some, they realize that, no matter how good you are, there is always someone better and always more to learn.

This has been my experience with the vast majority of elite fighters and MA that I know.

An Overt and outgoing arrogance is usually the sign of some oen trying to compensate for a preceived lacking they know they have.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Yes, because secure people do not need to exalt themselves - Magwitch

An Overt and outgoing arrogance is usually the sign of some oen trying to compensate for a preceived lacking they know they have - PSacramento

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance, and it's not that hard to see.

You can be pro or con for any stand, but going into mania or phobia becomes revealing.

• minimus
    minimus

Another thing I hate: he/she's so shy yet they make the biggest splash when they enter a room, they dress provocatively, etc. Yeah, they're shy, alright.

• undercover
    undercover

Having a bad day there, min?

Somebody beat you to the punch on a question?

• minimus
    minimus

No, wiseacre.

The experience wasn't mine. It was my friend's. My observation is that these types are given a free pass for being who they are. No excuses for being a dickhead. You know what I mean, Undercover.

• undercover
    undercover

No one ever gave me a free pass. I have to pay for my dickheadedness...

• minimus
    minimus

I know. I know. You're insecure.

• nugget
    nugget

Some people dress in extreme fashion using it as a costume or prop to give them confidence so they could be classed as insecure. Others want to make a statement about who they are and don't really care what anyone else thinks.

If everyone who dresses for attention was insecure then every fashion designer and fashion student on the planet would be a shy retiring violet. I went to art college so so I know for a fact that that isn't true.

• undercover
    undercover
    I know. I know. You're insecure.

And shy...

• minimus
    minimus

A child shows disrespect to their parents. The parents say, "Johnny is just tired".

A teenager refuses to get a job. The parents excuse him because he's "a little spoiled".

Kids gets into trouble in school. The parents say, "The teacher just doesn't like her".

A man gets stopped for speeding. He blames the cops for pinching him and not someone else.

I guess the bottom line is that people will find an EXCUSE to blame everyone but themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit