Why Are They Called Privileges?

by Quillsky 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Seems like work to me......

doing the microphones, manning the magazine counter, spending countless (sorry, counted) hours every month knocking on doors.

Privileges?

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's WT speak to make followers feel special.

Sylvia

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yep, I agree with Snowbird.

• megaflower
    megaflower

It elevates you in the eyes of the other "cult members". You must be someone special because only certain ones selected by the elders get these privileges.You are a good dub and a fine example to the cong because you meet certain requirments. Some of these are, meeting attendence, participation in the meetings,field service.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Snowbird hit it right....

Its also WT speak to get men in the congregation to do stuff that absolutely nobody wants to do......

1) Its a privilege to stay after the meeting 45 minutes to count $50 worth of donations.

2) Its a privilege to deal with the nightmare of putting service groups together.

3) Its a privilege to have countless talks every week at the TMS and SM.

4) Its a privilege to deal with the constant petty BullS--- bickering that is ever present in a KH.

5) Its a privilege to HAVE to be out every weekend in circus "taking the lead"

God I miss those days.............NOT! LOL

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

It's a privilege to have toilet duty at the assemblies. I was never that privileged or high up

• sir82
    sir82

Because it sounds better than "menial labor"?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They do that so people will do the work that no one really should want to. It is a complete waste of time to do most of these things, and even things like passing the mics is very stagnating and creates no value. It also gets those people to attend all the boasting sessions, since they have to be there in order to take care of these time-wasting, mind numbing chores. They call them "privileges" in order to make people that should not want to volunteer to do them volunteer and want to do these things.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When you have no intention of paying someone for thier work..

You give them a Promotion or a Title..

.............................................................................................................

Brother BlockHead: "We see you`ve been working hard Brother DumbAss..

We`re going to give you more Work and a Special Title to go with it."

Brother DumbAss: "Thank you Brother BlockHead..

If theres anymore Work I can do for Free,you just let me know"..

Crazy 1

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Room 215
    Room 215

... for the same reason Tom Sawyer convinced his pal Huck Finn that whitewashing the fence was a lot of fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit