SISTERS ON THE RAMPAGE!!

by highdose 15 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

it was well commented on by the older ones in the borg that the sisters were on the rampage when it came to trying to get themselves married.

It was normal practice for sisters in the same click or age group to visvously stab eachother in the back, exlude them as much as possible from social events and gossip about them as much as possible. By the time i had left this was such an established practice that it seemed normal.

all this in the hopes that they would be able to bag one of the rare single and sane brothers... at least this is what it was like in my part of the world... what about yours?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sisters frm puberty till the time they bag their man are so funny to watch. They think they are being discreet and cool, but they just come across as desparate. In the 80's it was common for young sisters to wear fishnet stockings - we brothers dubbed them "fishers of men". Those were the days!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Conflict in the pursuit of the right to breed is a world wide phenomena among animals. It is not exclusive to the JWs or the kingdom hall.

• teel
    teel

Robdar, you're talking about cattle in heat, don't you?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Robdar, you're talking about cattle in heat, don't you?

ROFLMAO!

• dinah
    dinah

I remember that. It was funny. My best friend and I used to laugh at the girls chasing the brothers. I see nothing has changed since the 80's. There is nothing new under the sun.

I can remember one frumpy sister who came across as desperate. Last I heard she is still single (and 42).

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

My friend's husband cheated on her and she got divorced in 1993 . She is still single and really wants to be remarried so bad. I feel sorry for those 'sisters' who are single and trying to live according to that religion. It's ridiculous.

• blondie
    blondie

Believe me, there were brothers who lacked basic social skills and looks who were hunting assiduously. We called them desperados. Usually most brothers were acceptable if they were baptized and breathing (B&B). But not these "desperados."

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

So how is this any different from what happens outside of the org?

• dinah
    dinah
    So how is this any different from what happens outside of the org?

Outside of the org there are more fish in the gene pool. "Marrying only in the Governing Body Lord" limits choices. You are free to get to know someone better outside of the org, instead of being rushed into it by people who are afraid you are going to sin. I can't tell you how many women (and men too for that matter) who got a HUGE surprise when they were finally able to spend time alone with their spouse (after the wedding when it's too late to do anything about it).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit