Why are gossip and slander tolerated in the congregation?

by hoser 20 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Why are gossip and slander tolerated? Is this part of the master plan to control the masses?

• sir82
    sir82

What else is there in the retched life of the average JW to talk about, other than gossip and slander?

• hoser
    hoser

What I'm getting at is that slander is supposedly a Dfing offense but I've never heard of anyone dfed over slandering someone. Every cong I've been in its been a huge problem but no one takes any action. my guess is because usually the elders wives are involeved the most.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Every congregation I have been to in my life, I ALWAYS see gossipers.

• hoser
    hoser

It's like they got such a crappy life it makes them feel good or something to talk bad about the next guy.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's the main avenue for the elders to find out what people are doing wrong. They wouldn't punish that unless the gossip is about someone they want to protect.

• donny
    donny

Jehovah's Witnesses are so isolated and removed from "the world", they have no one else to gossip about except other JW's. I used to remember one sister in the congregation who had some kind of invisible worldly measuring device because she would often make comments like "Sister Johnson is about half-worldly, or Dan was almost totally worldly and sister Solis is a good pioneer but she has a smidgen of worldiness."

• cantleave
    cantleave

The only time you DF'd for slander is if it is against an elder or his family.

• hoser
    hoser

good point cantleave or a CO even if it's true I suppose

• Open mind
    Open mind

Slander against pedophiles is not tolerated.

Not until they go after their second victim.

Then, if the elders say it's OK, you can call them a pedo.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit