Would YOU Stop Wearing Cologne Or Perfume At A KH If Someone Had Allergies?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We had one sister who went into allergic shock and stopped breathing.Her throat closed completely. So, yes, I stopped wearing it for her sake. It was life threatening for Dinah to breathe in most colognes. To this day, I am a little worried when I wear perfume. Sensitivity to perfumes is not just a JW problem. From what I understand though, it's the cheap perfumes and colognes that are the worst offenders.

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

I was in a hall where the section up front was dedicated for people with allergies. It was a safe place where they could all sit together without having to worry about allergy attacks caused from perfumes and colognes.

I was one of the people who sat there because the scent of someone who decided to douse themselves in artificial stank would cause my sinuses to fill with mucus followed by a headache.

The current hall I've been going to for over a decade has no section like that, but my allergies aren't as bad now. There's been a few times where someone smelt like they rolled in a flower patch sat around me and I had to move, but its very rare... and there was one family at my congregation that I would avoid sitting next to, not because they had perfume and cologne on, but because they stunk like dirty ass.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    So, yes, I stopped wearing it for her sake.

FlyingHighNow,

Yours are the actions of a kind, considerate person. The sort you would treasure as a true friend.

Thank goodness there are some like you on the planet.

y

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yesdid: it was pretty frightening the night Dinah's throat closed up. I would hope people would be so condiderate to me.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

Good Lord......I been away 5 years and STILL I see minimus is posting these type of questions............."stumbled by old spice"

• doublelife
    doublelife

Undercover: "Open mind - use Axe body spray. According to the TV commercials (which never lie) it's supposed to make you irresistable to all hot babes within your scent."

I don't know about the body spray but the axe body wash attracts cats.

Back to the topic. There was a sister in my old hall who couldn't go to the meetings because she would get sick. She was sensitive to everything. I went in service with her one day and took a potty break. The soap that I washed my hands with made her sick for two weeks. Everyone felt bad that she couldn't go to the meetings so the elders arranged a new fragrance free bookstudy group. But it was all voluntary. Me and my mom went to support her.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Me and my mom went to support her

Two more considerate people. Wonderful.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    I would hope people would be so condiderate to me.

Well FlyingHighNow, as you can see from the posts above, some (the minority) would be considerate to you, and others would be proud of their selfishness.

y

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, I have stopped wearing any perfumes. This thread reminds me of the time I was visiting another hall. And some older brother there is wearing the most nauseating cheap colonge. And two weeks went by, back in my own hall, and this older brother sits in the same row wearing the same awful cologne. And I'm thinking, do all these older men purchase the same cheap stuff. Here it was the same brother, old enough to be my grandfather followed me back to my hall. yuck On a sad note though, I heard he recently died. But, I don't know how some 60, 70 year old thinks they have a chance with a 20 something, my age at the time.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sure, I stopped wearing it. A good cologne can be expensive, so why waste it by wearing it at the kingdom hall? There's no one there that's worth impressing.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit