Did the GB/WT said that the “Great Crowd” is going to heaven? May 1, 2002 WT - Question From Readers.

by tjlibre 15 Replies latest jw friends

• bennyk
    bennyk

The naos itself is specifically stated to be in Heaven in Rev. 11:19; 14:17; and 15:5. The "Great Crowd" is in the naos (en to nao) according to Rev. 7:15.

Even if the word naos could be construed as including the courtyards (though it does not), those same courtyards would be necessarily in Heaven -- emphatically NOT on Earth. The beauty of the cited scriptures is that they make an absolute definition of what the naos includes or does not include immaterial: the naos itself is in Heaven -- all of it.

Ergo, the "Great Crowd" serves in Heaven.

• doublelife
    doublelife

bookmarking

• Mary
    Mary

there was no Court of the Gentiles in the divinely provided architectural plans of Solomon's temple or Ezekiel's visionary temple; nor was there one in the temple rebuilt by Zerubbabel. Hence, there is no reason to suggest that a Court of the Gentiles needs to play a part in Jehovah's great spiritual temple arrangement for worship, especially when the following point is considered.

This is typical mumbo-jumbo crap that is designed to impress the rank and file Witness who generally are neither educated, or inclined to question anything that comes off the 6th floor. First of all, I guess this is ‘new light' coming from the Throne because the February 1, 1998 WT on page 28 states: "The great crowd worships with anointed Christians in the earthly courtyard of Jehovah's great spiritual temple. (Revelation 7: 14,15; 11:2) There is no reason to conclude that they are in a separate Court of The Gentiles."

"It is reasonable to say that the great crowd worships Jehovah in one of the earthly courtyards of his great spiritual temple, specifically the one that corresponds with the outer courtyard of Solomon's temple."

Actually, it is not "reasonable" at all upon examination. The courtyard mentioned in Revelation is not referenced with any favour. In chapter 11: 2 it states: "But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple [sanctuary], cast it clear out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. "

So if the courtyard that is outside the temple is where the Great Crowd is, it looks like the Great Crowd is going to get royally screwed over for "forty-two months" after they've been "given to the nations" and "trampled" on. How does the WTS explain this? Does anyone in the Writing Department have any brain cells that are actually working?

in the literal, word-for-word rendering found under the Greek text in The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures:
    hieron is translated "temple" naos is translated "divine habitation"

And members of the great crowd are not in the inner courtyard of Jehovah's great spiritual temple, which courtyard represents the condition of perfect, righteous human sonship of the members of Jehovah's "holy priesthood" while they are on earth. (1 Peter 2:5) But as the heavenly elder said to John, the great crowd really is in the temple, not outside the temple area in a kind of spiritual Court of the Gentiles. What a privilege that is!

This is just plain bizarre. On one hand, they're claiming (with no scriptural support whatsoever) that the Great Crowd are not in the inner courtyard and they use 1 Peter 2: 5 to back up this claim. Assuming for a moment that they're right, on the WT CD-ROM, it references the "spiritual house" mentioned in verse 5 with Ephesians 2: 21-22 that says: "... In union with him the whole building, being harmoniously joined together, is growing into a holy temple for Jehovah. 22 In union with him YOU, too, are being built up."

So even if the Great Crowd were in the "outer courtyard" and weren't going to be trampled on and cast out, Ephesians 2 makes it clear that the "spiritual house" is referring to "the whole building being harmoniously joined together." In other words, just as Jesus said regarding the Jews and Gentiles "and they will become one flock", there is no two-tiered class of Christians as taught by the Craptower.

Another point is the fact that in Revelation 7:9, 5, the "great crowd" is "before the throne" of God. Even Crooklyn admits that the Greek word used as "before" is translated as enopion which means literally "in sight." Of course, their feeble excuse that it doesn't mean you have to literally be "standing before the throne" has absolutely no backing either historically, grammatically or scripturally, but since when did that ever make any difference to these goons?

• knock knock
    knock knock

No reason at all that the "great crowd" could not be on earth! Just google Courtyard Marriott "great crowd" and you'll see that there is a "great crowd" at all locations!

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Thank you all for your insightful comments

Mary: thanks for your analysis, very thoughtful.

It’s infuriating to see how the WT is determined to continue insulting the “conscious class”. On one hand, they admit that they were wrong, -but as we know, this change might have come as a result of questions and research submitted to the WT from the R&F-. But then on the other hand, they say that they are still correct by stating that the ‘G Crowd’ of Rev 7:9,15 is serving on earthly temple courtyard. And to top it all, they have the nerves to say that the ‘anointed’ (aka the GB) are “perfect & righteous” while they are on earth. WOW!!

I was already baptized when this article was published (May 2002). I don’t remember reading it. It came to my attention because they referred to it in the same watchtower study that contains the ‘overlapping generation’ crap. But now that I’m awakened, I read and analyze this stuff and I can’t help but to truly believe that the WT is provoking an uproar among its thinking members. I strongly believe that they are instigating and looking for an exodus of the “conscious class”.

I can’t help but to feel sorry for the good people that are not aware of all this. The worse part is that WT has inculcated the “earthly hope” and the “two class Christian system” so deep in the minds of the average JW, that the majority would rather keep a veil before their eyes and reject the biblical truth; that according to the book of revelation…real Christians are going to heaven! This is not to say that there is not an earthly hope, but that’s all it is…a hope.

It’ll be interesting to see for how much longer they’ll continue to keep of some of their weak doctrines, 1914, “the two class Christian system”, the FDS, GB, blood, etc.

• freetosee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit