What are the outrageous things did the elders do to you?

by asilentone 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    Some of the stuff I've read here saddens me....even after 15 years. I am so sorry you had to endure such harsh unchristian treatment from men who were suppose to be there to help you. I can assure you from the bottom of my heart that when I was an elder that I never ever treated anyone in such a way. I am so sorry for your pain.

That's a sweet thing to say, TAI. You've got some heart left in ya.

• God Chick
    God Chick

My treatment when DF first time

I was there coz i was raped. The 'kind' elders explained its not rape if you dont scream and proceded to ask if i climaxed! WTF i was raped, my protested that i didnt scream coz my kids where in the house and i didn't want them seeing anything, didn't matter. And when i said my husband actually set it up with his friend, well to that the elders said, "then why would you let your husband turn you into a slut"

The only thing i dont understand is why the heck i went back and got reinstated. I guess i loved God and still wanted to serve him.

• xbro
    xbro

if their armageddon did come theyed all be dead! truth my arse!

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Magwitch

Sorry for your loss.

I have noticed their is a lot of phychology involved with recruiting and keeping people in once recruited. I remember my first meeting and the love bombing . I now recognise all the manipuation that went in to my recruitment and as the saying goes with friends like that who needs enemys.

I was trying to understand the behaviour of the elder(Who telephoned you). I remember at a service meeting once the congregation was encouraged to place the "What happens when you die" booklet to people mourning loved ones at graveyards. The elder who phoned you in my mind saw this terrible event as an opportunity to reach you at your lowest ebb. The fact that he never rang you back to apologise is something he will only confront should he leave the organisation for consciouse reasons.

Acolytes

• zoiks
    zoiks

God Chick, Mag - I am so sorry.

This organization has a lot to answer for.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Many, Many Thanks for all the love shown on this thread!

So many of these experiences show how jjust a little power has corrupted many men

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

So true Magwitch

I remember thinking to myself while they were questioning my 10year old..she's a baby!! It felt as if the elders put on a mask and became people I didn't recognize, it was like they were going down a list of questions and forgetting their was a scared victim sitting in front of them. I seriously don't know how they go home and sleep at night!

I'm so sorry for what you have been through Magwitch and all the others that have shared their comments...It's just not right that they can damage us and then toss us away like garbage.

• donny
    donny

In 1988 after my ex turned me in for performing oral on her (at her request mind you). one of the elders asked me "was it 69?". I replied "No, It was this year. I was only 10 years old in 69." He told me to quit being a wise guy and answer the question.

Donny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit