Mill Hill Disfellowshippings and JW prayers

by VM44 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Podobear
    Podobear

Thanks for the thoughts Chalam.. but that does not answer the questions. If ALL Christians are to go to heaven.. what of the New Earth.. those that go to be with the Lord.. have a job to do.

Please read the whole of 1 Corinthians 15, when death is destroyed who will people the New Earth? It is a matter of one hope but (perhaps) two destinies. The nub here is possibly, whether ALL should participate in the "flesh" and "blood" of Christ, regardless of their destiny. This is a JW issue primarily, I think. All the best.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Podo

Read Romans 11 over and over again. Paul makes it quite clear who God promised the earth to.

You misrepresent "Christendom" with regard to human misery: All churches teach God willl put an end to it WHEN HE IS READY but as Jesus says we cannot pinpoint when. (As the WTBTS) has belatedly realised.

The Annointed already in heaven are not doing a very good job of conveying divine truths to the only Christian Congregation in modern times are they?

Are You Reniaa 's reincarnation??

HB

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi PB,

Simply, all Christians go to Heaven 2 Corinthians 5:8 Luke 23:43 until such time as the prayer Matthew 6:10 is fully answered.

Revelation 21:2-3 (New International Version)

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Revelation 21:10 (New International Version)

10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

Those who believe come down out of heaven and dwell on the new earth-heaven has come to earth.

Note, any two hope, two class believer theology is pure heresy.

Ephesians 4:4-6 (New International Version)

4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

John 10:16 (New International Version)

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Podobear
    Podobear

Thank you for your contributions Hamsterbait and Chalam. I have read and re-read Romans 11, many times and do not see how the grafting of the Gentiles into the faithful vine of "Israel" is pertinent to this thread. I have already disabused myself of the tortuous and speculative teaching by the JW's surrounding John 10:16. The "other sheep" are patently (to me) the Gentiles who began to enter the Christian congregation with Cornelius.

Many "Mainstream" branches of Christianity, Chalam, believe that we are living in the "Last Days" so my point stands. JW's are known to be speculative on the matter - and many have tired of the Carrot and Donkey ethics of the WTS!

However, come the day, whenever that may be.. There will be a "New Heaven and a NEW EARTH".. I cannot abandon the NOT-unique teaching by the JW's that there will be a restoration of all things on this Earth too.. a reversal in every sense of the sin brought on us in Eden. When that time comes (and when is very much pivotal to this discussion).. the one way ticket for all Christians as you put it.. will cease. So, I cannot agree. Not ALL Christians will share and rule with Christ in heaven. There is a job to do! The JW's have an EXCEPTIONAL explanation of the "Kingdom" arrangement - and for me have explained far more than my years in the schisms of Christendom.

This thread is about PRAYER and whether those who aspire to an "Earthly" hope have the right to pray for the congregation as a whole.

My JW theology is rusty now.. but I have always understood, that the Bible is written SPECIFICALLY to those who have been called to be with Christ. By rote and adoption those who feel they will share in the NEW EARTH come under the HEAVENLY Kingdom arrangement.

Most Kingdoms have a parliament of elected representatives and constituencies consisting of sectors of their population. I have always viewed the Universe as being one massive Constituency with Jesus as the governmental head with his elected representatives. Maybe, says he (the dreamer) the rest of the Universe is populated with races and beings already enjoying the benefits of that Kingdom rule. Maybe soon, it is our turn for a cleansing and a New World Order. That expression seems to be on the lips of many.

I have switched back to the original (recent) thread on this subject to see if the point I am seeking is further clarified. Very best wishes to you both, as I clear up my last loose ends of my JW/Pentecostal past.

Agape to all lovers of Jesus Christ. Podo.

• changeling
    changeling

What are the "Mill Hill DFings"? Can someone post a link, please? :)

• Chalam
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hi PB

I had meant to send a post on the other thread, but was drawn to some of the interesting points you raised in this thread. Just to say, David Gibson was quite a character. It was nice that he comforted you at a difficult time. Overall I liked the guy (though at times I felt that he could blow hot and cold). I really liked Sylvia. She was an easy going woman and always enjoyed freindly conversations with her at the hall I attended some 18 years ago.

With regard to the points you made as highlightd below:

I have already disabused myself of the tortuous and speculative teaching by the JW's surrounding John 10:16. The "other sheep" are patently (to me) the Gentiles who began to enter the Christian congregation with Cornelius.

I agree with you entirely on this point. I first discovered this understanding as I was reading thru Perimenos site under the title - John 10:16 who are the 'other sheep'? I was astounded at what I was reading and could not beleive that it was so clearly obvious as to what Jesus meant. Like all scripture, reading it in context makes so much sense. This is just another scripture that the society has twisted to elevate the anointed and particularly the FDS.

However, come the day, whenever that may be.. There will be a "New Heaven and a NEW EARTH".. I cannot abandon the NOT-unique teaching by the JW's that there will be a restoration of all things on this Earth too.. a reversal in every sense of the sin brought on us in Eden. When that time comes (and when is very much pivotal to this discussion).. the one way ticket for all Christians as you put it.. will cease. So, I cannot agree. Not ALL Christians will share and rule with Christ in heaven. There is a job to do! The JW's have an EXCEPTIONAL explanation of the "Kingdom" arrangement - and for me have explained far more than my years in the schisms of Christendom.

I again agree that only certain ones (the bride of Christ) will rule as Kings and priests with Christ over the earth. How this will be achieved, I am unsure about; ie after the marriage of the lamb, whether they rule from heaven itself or actually all (Jesus and the glorified ones/saints/elect) come back to the earth and then rule directly is something I have often pondered. This isnt so far fetched,- because after Jesus resurrection, he was a spirit, yet for some time he materialised as a human being appearing to many for a length of time John Ch 20 and 21. For me, this is probably the only way I can make sense of the Kingdom arrangement as it would tie in with Mat 24:30 -'they will see the son of man coming on the clouds of the sky with great glory'. Also in 1 Cor 6:2 It mentions how the holy ones/elect will judge the world. This would also fit in nicely with Jesus thousand year reign after which he hands back the kingdom to YHWH, at which point he and his bride will then ascend to heaven forever.

Whatever happens, I thoroughly beleive (just as you have stated) in the basic explanation of the kingdom arrangement as described by the society. Although, I disagree with them on placing dates such as 1914; and am unsure if 144000 is the actual number of the elect or if this number is simply figurative (for me this is what I consider one of those grey areas and therefore avoid being dogmatic about it).

My JW theology is rusty now.. but I have always understood, that the Bible is written SPECIFICALLY to those who have been called to be with Christ. By rote and adoption those who feel they will share in the NEW EARTH come under the HEAVENLY Kingdom arrangement.

I was a little bit unsure if I caught your drift here; but the point you made regarding those who feel they will share in the NEW EARTH reminded me of an incredble scripture I came across as I was doing my daily bible reading recently. It was Philippians 3:14 (KJV) notice how Paul mentions that [he] presses to the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus; yet in vs 15, he states-therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this in mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.

Your statement that I underlined was the very thought that crossed my mind when I read this particular scripture. I highlighted it in my bible at the time when I read it as it had a profound affect on me. I truly beleive the holy spirit guides people (if they allow it to do so) and they then know in their own hearts what they feel is their destination. I personally feel that my hope is to reside here on earth; I have always felt that way. I have never had that feeling for the heavenly hope.

Though I still continue associating with the witnesses. I have resolved to allow the holy spirit to guide me in my thinking and in what I do each day. I tell my wife this all the time, particularly whenever we discuss certain scriptures; and I have been feeling more fulfiled because of this. It may be that it will get me into trouble with the BOE at my Kingdom Hall some day; but I am willing to do what I beleive to be right and to put my trust in God (and not fear man).

Most Kingdoms have a parliament of elected representatives and constituencies consisting of sectors of their population. I have always viewed the Universe as being one massive Constituency with Jesus as the governmental head with his elected representatives. Maybe, says he (the dreamer) the rest of the Universe is populated with races and beings already enjoying the benefits of that Kingdom rule. Maybe soon, it is our turn for a cleansing and a New World Order. That expression seems to be on the lips of many.

I like the way you put this. It is quite possible..who can say; also why not..It is a big universe out there.

This has been a very interesting post by the way.

PS I also beleive that Jesus is mediator to ALL christians regardless of the heavenly or earthly hope. I once discussed my view with an elder as I couldnt understand how it didnt apply to the majority of christians, but he told me to wait on the society, as who knows 'new light may one day be revealed'!.

Thanks

TE

• Podobear
    Podobear

Wow Wow Wow.. Truthseeker: You have brought a tear to my eye.. I just wish I could give you the BIGGEST hug of Agape and Philia ever. That, has to be for me, the drop from Lazarus table.. the quenching I have needed for a troubled mind on this subject.

Just to had a few personal comments: I moved north after my departure from Bethel and stayed with a Doctor friend whose grandmother was of the anointed. Whilst I was staying in his not unsubstantial home his grandmother died. It puzzled me a little why he appeared quite cold towards his mother.

I sat in the lounge, put my arm round her whilst she sobbed her heart out, "It's just the thought that I will never see her again". "How do you KNOW that?" was my reply "Jehovah is opening his hand and satisfying the desire of EVERY living thing.. Why should that exclude you?.. don't you think Jehovah will find a way for you and her to meet again.. why should your joy be any less?" She turned to me.. by this time my shirt collar was wet.

Yes, whether our call is to serve or be here to enjoy that rule... I feel too, that all who have confirmed their dedication to God and Christ should participate. Only the individual should know his relationship with Jesus, the head of the congregation. That is not for another to question.. unless they eat unworthily.

(P.S. Why wasn't Mary present with her Son and his disciples the night before he died?.. further thread maybe)

I have sent a personal message to you.

Many, Many thanks....... brother

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hi Podobear,

I sent you a rather long pm.

TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit