I told my husband that I'm going to throw away my no blood card

by doublelife 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They've done away with (or limited the use of, perhaps) the full-size "durable power of attorney" and now have a mini-sized one that folds up into a wallet-sized "blood card." It has all your fraction and cell saver choices on it and everything. What a loving provision!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I do not know where my blood goes, but I know someone out there gets help. We do not get paid in Canada, contrary to a former JW friend. Not in money anyway.

If you have no medical issues, iron levels are ok, and are not diabetic, CANTLEAVE, please try. The cookies are great.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    If you have no medical issues, iron levels are ok, and are not diabetic, CANTLEAVE, please try. The cookies are great.

If I give Blood..

I Get Cookie?..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I was afraid that my husband would let me die without a transfusion if I needed one so here is what I did:

I wrote "I WILL TAKE BLOOD" on the blood card with a sharpie, dated and signed it, and right on top of all the previous witnesses I had my daughter and mom sign as well. I made copies for them and put it back in my billfold.

I figured that if I threw it away he could say it was misplaced. This way there was proof that I did not wish to refuse a transfusion.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i got a new POA on paper cuz i know my JW friends and family would try to NON force one on me... it isn't hard just go to your local Hospital they should have a form...

• crapola
    crapola

I have'nt had a card in over 2 years. Don't miss it either.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I don't have one either and haven't in quite some time. Also, I've given blood several times, and even was nice enough to puke inside the Carter Bloodcare bus when it came to the hospital I work at.

• crapola
    crapola

You puked! ooooohhh

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Oh yeah! And you know me, I puke just like the Ol' Man, loud and boisterous.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    She actually seemed a little jealous. She said, "I just wondered what triggered this meeting between ya'll because they never call me."

My jw mom is the same way about her "worldly" sister when my brother or I spend time with our aunt. How weird is that? She's shunned me for 21 years, is now shunning my brother and very seldom calls her own sister.

From my discussions with my mom it doesn't seem like she has any positive memories of her pre-cult life. I know Steven Hassan talked about that in his book but I didn't realize until today that maybe that's what happened with my mom.

Maybe your aunt can help you by letting you know what made your mom happy in her pre-cult days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit