Is Aspartame bad for you?????

by asilentone 29 Replies latest jw friends

• logic
    logic

Just research it on google, you will never put the crap in your mouth again. I was having all kinds of

health problems , dry mouth, bad breath, very frequent urination, unbelievable thirst, and many more.

Came across information on aspartame by accident, stopped using it , started to improve within

three days, symtoms completed gone in one week. I now use stevia which is a natuaral product.

It has no glycemic affect, is great for diabetics.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I just can't drink diet pop because it gives me a headache and stomach ache .I don't know if it is because of the aspartame or not ,but I feel better when I don't have it . All the Crystal Lite drinks do the same thing to me and the sweetner in them is aspartame also .

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

No one thinks diet pop is good for you...but bad? Everything is bad at some point when consumed in excess. Even water. Diet soda is no more harmful than regular soda, actually better in that you don't get a ton of empty calories from it.

As far as aspartame goes, it isn't bad for you. Well, unless you have the rare genetic disorder phenylketonuria. Aspartame is made up of two amino acids... the same ones that are found naturally in certain foods. For some reason people are just ideologically opposed to the idea of aspartame and want to blame everything on it and insist that it is some sort of poison.

The internet is full of misinformation.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

Check out this site, and do some research.

http://wnho.net/aspartame_news.htm

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Decide for yourself. Some people think fluoride is a good thing and others don't. Some people think gas emissions aren't bad, others do - cell phones are proving to cause cancer in some people but opposition doesn't believe it. Do your own research, ask yourself how much sugar or sweeteners have to factor into your life and make your own decisions. Ignore what everybody else says once you do because ultimately, it's your decision to use it - or not. sammieswife.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I drank diet sodas, on occasion for years. Then, someone suggested that I investigate the sweeteners. I did so. The folks screaming about how bad the sweeteners are reminded me of the folks screaming about vaccines. Bottom line: Evidently, some folks have seriously negative reactions to aspartame/vaccines and some folks have zero side effects.

So, just for the heck of it, I stopped consuming aspertame. With what result? My acid reflux immediately improved, by as much as 50%.

So, for that one reason alone, I've stayed away from it.

On a lighter note, I eventually realized that most skinny people don't drink diet sodas.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

www.aspartame.org is for aspartame what www.watchtower.org is for the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery. I would look just below it and find the first link that takes you to a different parent web site, and you are going to find that it has something like 93 proven harmful side effects.

To start, the sxxx breaks down at 30 o C (86 F). Your body is 37 C/98 F. The breakdown products are aspartic acid (which, without other amino acids, will ruin your brain), phenylalamine (safe unless you have PKU), and methanol. The amount of methanol is significant--enough to ruin your liver, kidneys, and risk blindness (especially if you are a heavy user). The methanol breaks down into formaldehyde (very poisonous), and then formic acid (resulting in acidosis, itself linked to many degenerative diseases and inflammation). The aspartic acid itself will excite the neurons in your brain to death, especially if you are even slightly deficient in magnesium (which most of us are). It also plays havoc in the endocrine system, which can cause other health issues. As for one of the 93 side effects, death itself is included. By all means look this up and see how many sites include the same information.

If you are looking for a sweetener, real sugar (preferably organic) is probably the most obvious first choice. Stevia is excellent for your health, but some varieties have a bitter taste. Saccharin is what I would recommend if you must use an artificial sweetener, though it could damage your liver. Splenda, or chlorinated sugar, will ruin your liver as well (more efficiently). Acesulfame K may cause cancer and damage the liver. Xylitol is recommended, but it can cause diarrhea in excess and still contains calories. But, I would most definitely avoid aspartame and its cousin monosodium glutamate.

• Gregor
    Gregor

My taste buds are sensitive to the aftertaste of ANY artificial sweeteners. Nasty. Tasted something 'sweetened' with Stevia and it was the nastiest, kerosene aftertaste of them all. I will stick to good old Shoe-gar.

• jdhf
    jdhf

hey asilentone...

after much medical and scientific research I can unequivocally say that aspartame is potentially very dangerous. There are many reasons, but one that alarmed me is the proliferation among aspartame users of diagnoses of Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinsons Disease. The best thing to do is if you are not diabetic, to use sugar products, or those using natural honey. They are much easier synthesized by the body. If you check out genuine medical sites and university research sites you will find quite damaging and alarming information. Best of luck.

• PEC
    PEC

http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/QA/aspartame.html

This thread reminds me of the Golden Age Magazine.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit