The Watchtower Society: aka "The Dream Killers"

by JimmyPage 28 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

This is a big reason why I won't let the WT ruin my relationship with our children. They have the talent to make something of themselves, and I want them to have the opportunity to do so. My JW Ex seems to be of like mind, fortunately. Perhaps she sees now how her dreams and prospects were curtailed by the WT anti-education teachings, and wants our children to enjoy the opportunities she was denied.

GLT

• agonus
    agonus

Why would Jehovah want you to waste the talents He gave you to spend your life doing something you hate and most likely suck at anyway?

• dgp
    dgp

Good point, Agonus. Only it's not God/Jehovah/Whoever who wants you to waste your talents. It's a group of men who manipulate your fears.

• Chalam
    Chalam

"The Dream Killers"

Agreed.

The sad irony is that God gave us every talent we have and dreams and aspirations to use them but the WT crush them in exchange for their empty purposes and false future hope.

The Lord told us that our daughter will be a dancer and an artist. We allow that gifting to grown and flourish and thank Him for it all.

Colossians 3:23-24 (New International Version)

23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

May she dance and create with all her heart!

Blessings,

Stephen

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I feel so sorry for my child. I've only been wise to the WT scam for a few months now and I have discovered how deeply indoctrinated into this cult I made my child.

The other day I just pulled out a Bible and read a scritpture about how the name of Jesus Christ is the only name by which we must get saved (I don't recall where it was at the moment, sorry), then asked: "So what name do we call on to get saved?" My child's answer? "Jehovah."

God, I am so sorry. I don't even know who God is anymore but I pray every day to help free my child's mind.

• carla
    carla

Dream killers, how appropriate. Not only does it kill individual dreams but if you think about all the great things done in this world from medicine to the arts and how all of those have enriched our lives, the wt has very possibly killed the next Einstein, the cure for cancer, the next Mozart, etc..... The wt may have kept a great mind from the world at large. Not only is it shameful but I think it a great sin.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.- Galileo

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't print this. Instead, they have talks at the Grand Boasting Sessions, and tell the hounder-hounders to tell the hounders to retract any "privileges" from anyone that has children in college and isn't doing all they can to yank those children out. There is no Washtowel or Kingdumb Misery article--just hounder-hounder talks and a$$embly parts.

That way, no one can prove anything. Whether it be for credibility on these forums or in court, the last thing the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery wants is for someone to prove it is in print, show courts the documents, and win a lawsuit or child custody case against the washtowel. Because of this, the witless parents often win custody battles that they would have lost had the worldly parent been able to come up with proof that the Washtowel is in fact steering children away from college. Just something to think of before asking for which article something is in, because it would cost them big money if they did produce such articles.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

And the worse thing is how guilty you feel if you do have the audacity to go to college or to a dance. This "dream killing" is the one area where I struggle not to feel bitter. It is akin to a living murder, taking away a teen's dream, stomping it down and grinding it under the organizational heel. Most kids only want to please their parents.

I think back to myself, reading and writing stories every moment I had the whole time I was growing up, getting straight A's, obviously academically inclined. And I was encouraged to go to secretarial school for 6 mos. (not that there's anything wrong with being a secretary). I still remember the sick feeling in my stomach, reading the brochure. Yes, I went and I aced it, of course. I'm not trying to brag--God knows I'm no Leolaia--but it just wasn't for me.

Okay, okay. I'm in graduate school now and in my 40's. It's okay. It's all okay.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I'm bumping this thread.

Yes-the WT society are dream killers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit