Are You Naughtier Than Before?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Only if you count the occasional cigar, which I'm in the mood for btw. I'll probably start voting someday, too. But being happily married, when I want to be really naughty I have a wonderful wife for all that and no kids to worry about.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hard to answer that question as "naughty" became a moving target after I left the dubs. What I considered "naughty" before I don't consider so now. Therefore, my answer is "no." Stuff I do now is no longer "naughty" to me! This includes orgies, serial killings, heroin, bank robberies, playing chess with my Demon buddies, genocide and general mayhem.

Hope that helps.

Farkel

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its quite common for people who come out of the Borg to get involved with things that were previously forbidden within,

this usually over time gets run out in that rebelliousness attitudes usually involves doing things that were hurtful

or self damaging, some people wake up to this fact, some unfortunately don't.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Not at all. I think I'm a much nicer person now. I actually care about "worldly" people where before I'd just think of them as the walking dead.

And now that I don't believe in the bible, I have to define my own morality. I'm doing the right thing just because it's the right thing, not just to avoid punishment. If you actually stop and think about these things, rather than just reacting to authority, then I think it leads to being a better person.

Would I smoke a cigar - OK, maybe a few, but thinking about the health risks makes me not want to be addicted to anything like that. I want to be around to see my kids grow up.

Would I steal, lie, cheat on my wife, murder, etc. - NO! That would be hurtful to other people. I couldn't do something like that.

But everyone needs to decide for themselves what is "right" and "wrong", and not judge others for their actions (unless they're hurting other people).

• teel
    teel

Since leaving I'm very naughty. I even watched some... *gasp* R rated movies! I am certainly doomed.

That is all though, not much else have changed. It's just not my style, whether in or out.

• minimus
    minimus

i'm a baaaadddd boy

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

R rated movies are an absolute must for me now - So I suppose that makes me bad

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hint O Lime, you stole my comment.

I'm no naughtier, I just gon't feel guilty about it.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I try.

• minimus
    minimus

The internet is a wonderful thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit