The JEHOVAH game (a modern fetish)

by Terry 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
  • Perry
    Perry

Terry,

You seem very confused. Stop appealing to heretics and think for yourself man.

Please answer this simple question:

Does an over 99% agreement (with the less than 1% easily identified and explained) of all ancient NT manuscripts support your premise that the bible is a mess? Or does it in reality support just the opposite of your beliefs.

• Terry
    Terry

Can a virgin be a virgin if she only has sex 1% of the time?

Can a rocket be sent to the moon with a flight trajectory error of 1%

Can a submarine with a hole in 1% of its hull structure be considered safe and reliable?

It isn't the percent of the failure which renders something safe or unreliable. It is the specificity of INTEGRITY of intent.

EITHER THE BIBLE WAS PRESERVED or it WASN'T integrity-wise.

Are you wiling to state categorically that no accretions of a false nature have crept into the text?

Are you willing to state categorically that we have the ACTUAL VERBATIM text of the original uncorrupt autographs?

Arguments over "meaning" begin with texts. Do they not?

You are only confining your study and reading to Apologists. Read the other side for a change.

• Perry
    Perry

Faulty Analogy Terry. Once the 1% Alexandrian texts are discarded. The other 99% of ancient NT manuscripts represent a virtual 100% agreement.

• designs
    designs

The Bishops of the East and Western Cults sure had a penchant for silencing dissent, in often violent ways. Destroyed documents, destroyed lives. Hmmm. Whenever the Fundamentalists rant long enough they sure expose there mindset. Thanks for the unintended warning.

Shalom aleichem

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Are you wiling to state categorically that no accretions of a false nature have crept into the text?

Are you willing to state categorically that we have the ACTUAL VERBATIM text of the original uncorrupt autographs?

Oops, forgot to answer these didn't you Perry?

• Terry
    Terry

My only real quibble with Perry is that he doesn't care about facts or honesty in a discussion or debate.

He is like the fellow who puts his finger down in the bottom of the aquarium and stirs up the sediment. The water clouds up.

Perry only seems to want to watching the swirling fish muck obscure the view.

Then, he's satisfied.

That's really sad. Especially for the fish!

• Perry
    Perry

Terry, please show one instance where I was dishonest.

Your biblical convolutedness is an illusion, as I have demonstrated.

• Mary
    Mary
    5.Israel's deity was no exception. Do you risk defaming your all-powerful deity by misusing the spoken word? This is a special crime of BLASPHEMY and carries a harsh penalty. If you speak a NAME you represent a closeness, familiarity and relationship with the personage represented by that name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk

• Terry
    Terry

Terry, please show one instance where I was dishonest.

Your biblical convolutedness is an illusion, as I have demonstrated.

Perry, please!

You don't read what people say when they respond to you.

We ask you specific questions and you ignore the questions.

Then, you turn around a demand answers to your questions.

You prefer to characterize the other fella with ad hominems rather than simply deal with the topic.

Otherwise, each one of your one on one discussions would end with a result of some kind.

The proper ending to a debate is that somebody admits their premise or conclusion was faulty.

Have you ever been wrong about anything?

I have. It isn't pleasant to be wrong, but, it certainly brings an opportunity to grow wiser.

Oops, forgot to answer these didn't you Perry?

Check these out:

Take the time to check out WHAT THE OTHER PERSON IS SAYING before you reply this time! I'll bet you won't do it. You can't do it. I challenge you to do it and THEN respond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit