What is the WT Good News? Please Proclaim It With Me

by Perry 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

WT 11/1/1995 says:

"This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) No human can say when that end will be, but we know that the end of "this generation" of wicked people will come once the witness has been given to God’s satisfaction "to the most distant part of the earth."—Acts 1:8.

What this means is that the Watchtower is teaching that the JW global offer to the world's people to reject the New Covenant (their Good News) is the sign to look for when determining exactly when that generation is.

The WT tries to teach that the New Covenant (or Testament) is only for a select few for the purpose of ruling over the world (us). Further, they teach that Jesus' sacrifice was some fuzzy unclear doctrine about "paying back what Adam lost". So, just to clear this up:

The New Covenant (Testament) is for the REMOVAL OF SINS, the same way the Old Covenant was... except with Jesus himself as the Lamb.

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

These Scriptures make it clear that (1) forgiveness is ONLY in the blood (2) the Blood is ONLY accessible by the New Covenant (The terms Testament and Covenant are interchangeable) (3) The New Covenant is ONLY accessible through Jesus...the Mediator of the Covenant. So, the road to escaping Judgment is clear: Jesus (Mediator) > New Covenant >Blood that washes away Sin > Forgiveness.

(Jesus > New Covenant > Blood > Forgiveness)

However the Watchtower message that is being proclaimed throughout all the earth includes the public rejection of the New Covenant at the yearly "observance" of the Lord's Supper. As a direct result of that rejection the Watchtower correctly claims that JW's are ALONE before God and his Justice.

The February 15, 1991 issue of the
    Watchtower, pgs. 15-20 paragraph 11; makes this
    announcement:

11 Nevertheless, in a preliminary way, the great
    crowd have already “washed their robes and made
    them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (Revelation
    7:14) Christ does not act as Mediator of the new
    covenant toward them
    , yet they benefit from this
    covenant through the work of God?s Kingdom.

If you ask the average Witness if Jesus is their Mediator, they will say yes and even claim that the Watchtower quote above is false. I beg everyone here to print out this simple WT quote and give it to EVERY JW you know and ask them how their sins are forgiven without the NC and without Jesus as their Mediator.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Here is your more typical JW response to all that:

"Woah, that is too deep for me. I don't worry about all that kind of stuff."

The real JW answer is that our sins aren't forgiven at all yet, and won't be until God desides not to destroy us at Armageddon. Until that time we have to work our asses off to earn, ...er, show Christ, ...er, Jehovah that we appreciate the ransom.

• Perry
    Perry

I agree Mad Sweeny. I have just never been able to get a JW to admit that THEIR sins are not forgiven, but that the sins of the GB (all annointed) ARE forgiven. (supposedly)

Their theology demands this reality but I can't get any of them to admit it.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I like this. Bookmarked and saved to note down later. I will use this method. Thanks Perry!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Perry
    Perry
    I will use this method. Thanks Perry!

I'm glad Alligator. I'll give you a little of what to expect then. Maybe you or someone else can help me come up with a better comeback.

Last week, I had an elder who boasted of his 40 ministry years when I told him that I'd only been a Christian for 5 to 6 years. In response to my question about how a person can be forgiven without the New Covenant:

He whupped out 1 John 2: 2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

I asked him if JW's believed in Universalism (the belief that everyone will eventually be saved) He said no. I then explained that logically he couldn't have it both ways...claiming out of one side of his mouth that Jesus died for everyone's sins and out of the other corner of his mouth claiming that he didn't.

The traditional understanding of this scripture is that the New Covenant wasn't offered only to the Jews, but was made available to the whole world.

I then asked how his sins were forgiven since he was outside the new covenant. The man with him spoke up irritatingly and claimed that my question had already been answered. I reminded him that JW's didn't believe in Universalism again and that he couldn't have it both ways.

Believe it or not, this elder of 40 years then tried to claim that the book of Romans was written to pagans outside the NC and was about to quote one of the promises there when I stopped him and looked him square in the eye and said, "That is not true. You and I both know that Romans was written to the Christian congregation in Rome who were all members of the NC."

He had no idea how or if his sins were forgiven and refused to tell me that he had to work for the WT to get it. They got up from the table and left when I told him that after 40 years of preaching, he should be ashamed of himself for not even knowing how a person could get their sins forgiven .

Any other thoughts anyone?

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Perry, I like your response and solid reasoning that you expressed to the elders.

I appreciate the "heads-up" alert and will implement the spirit behind the scriptures that you posted earlier.

Guess who will start partaking at this Memorial on March 30th?

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously according to the WTS)

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What is the WT Good News? Please Proclaim It With Me

It's quite simply, actually:

http://www.freeminds.org/blogs/ma-that-boy-just-ain-t-right/jw-field-service-presentations-that-tell-the-truth.html

Farkel

• Perry
    Perry

Farkel,

Were you ever the Ministry School Overseer? You are taking the next door just for that out-burst.

AW,

It might help to brush up on what the animal sacrifices were actually for in the 1st Covenant to establish continunity with the New Covenant, if you can get a JW to listen long enough. And, no they were NOT primarily for a "sweet smelling odor".

Printable Article Here

• designs
    designs

Perry, your fear mongering makes the fear mongering of the Climax Book look mild in comparison. Geeez Literalists.

• Perry
    Perry

Designs,

Not quite sure what you mean. But, Christians will not even be at the Great White Throne for judgment. They were already judged on the cross 2000 years ago and found guilty.

My mother (and most JW's) however believes that "Judgment Day" is right now and a person's judgment is determined on how faithfully they place WT literature. This is one of the main reasons that the idea of a personal savior is just plain silliness to them.

However, without Judgment the ONLY other conclusion a person can come to if they believe in an intelligent supreme being is that God must be evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit