"Millions now living will never die" to Millions now living 'may' never die

by EndofMysteries 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Origiinally, I think, Pastor Russell believed that there were consecrated Christians spread throughout the various churches of Christendom, and that his role was to gather them together into the true church.

As time went on it became more and more necessary for a person to be a Watchtowerite to attain salvation.

It's all a bunch of crap, a few steps below vinyl siding salesmen. What they want is your money, an they'll promise eternity to get it.

(No offense intended to any vinyl siding salesmen in the audience.)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I'll check back when they change it to "Millions Now Living Will Probably Die. Make That Billions."

• Farkel
    Farkel

The original talk in 1918 was "may." The booklet (I have a copy) is "will." The current WTS position would like to be "what talk? what booklet?"

Nathan had it right.

Farkel

• bobld
    bobld

Wait a minute you guys--J.W. say it is true TODAY they refer to TODAY millions(7m) J.W. living today will not die because the end is nigh.

Bob

• rebel8
    rebel8

I wonder if the upcoming 90th anniversary will be a good opportunity to awaken some younger dubs who don't realize how long ago that prophecy was made (I didn't).

About the anniversary (pls post comments there!): http://cultprevention.blogspot.com/2009/11/millions-now-living-will-never-die.html

More importantly, it will hopefully prevent many from joining in the first place--escaping unscathed rather than having to go through what we have.

• TD
    TD

The talk was first given on February 24, 1918 under the title, "Millions Now Living May Never Die." (cf. The Watchtower August 1, 1987 p. 24)

On March 30th of the same year, (1918) the title was changed to the more confident, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" for the presentation in Boston, Massachusetts. (cf. Proclaimers p. 719)

The original title lasted just slightly more than one month.

• Farkel
    Farkel

TD,

:The original title lasted just slightly more than one month.

And given how long that message was printed and promoted by the WTS back then, don't you find it interesting that more often than not, when they referred to it, (until recently) they invariably referred to the "may" version that only lasted that one month?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit