"Millions now living will never die" to Millions now living 'may' never die

by EndofMysteries 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Notice a few months ago, they correctly noted the title of the talk

8/15/2009 page 16 paragraph 17, "From 1918 until 1925, the talk "Millions now living will never die," which explained the hope of everlasting life on earth, was presented by Jehovah'v servants in over 30 languaged worldwide. (Notice it doesn't say "Jehovah's witnesses, but Jehovah's servants, because they weren't called that then) By 1934, Jehvoahs' witnesses........

Feb 15, 2010 6 months later - page 15 par 8, - "The annointed followers of Christ have been extending the invitation since as far back as 1918. In that year, the public talk entitled, "Millions now living may never die" (may??) offered hope that many will gain life in a paradise earth after the battle of Armageddon. "

Also of note, par 10 says this.... Wt aug 15, 1934 page 249 (Those of the Jonadab class must go along with those who are of the anitypical Jehu company, taht is, teh annointed". So I guess the great crowd are called the Jonadab class, this will be fun to look up. AND also of note, the WT is doing a lot of quotes from their "old light, old truth", when the WT only goes back as far as 1950 or 1960 now.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Actually this is one of those rare occasions when the second statement is more correct than the first.

Check your Dub history. The title of the public address given by JFR was "..MAY never...".

It wasn't until the booklet was printed a while later that the title was changed from "..MAY..." to "...WILL..." to express JFR's metaphysical certitude that his prophecy would be fulfilled.

Years later JFR said, "I made an ass of myself..."

Yes he did, and he demonstrated once again that the WTB&TS is a man-made religion no better than the ones it condemns.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The one look I had at that picture showed the book saying "Millions Now Living Will Never Die", even as the article said "Millions Now Living May Never Die". They are doing this so they won't have to be embarrassed that they are running out of time on that--those who were alive when the book was released are now at least 90 years old.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they reprint this with the photo edited. It is fairly easy to edit "Will" in the book to "May", if you have the right software. That way, they can claim that they never printed up the article with the book saying "will"--once enough people notice this discrepancy, they will in fact reprint the photo. All to erase the false prophesies they ever made.

That is also why it is so difficult for the average person to find proof that the witlesses originally predicted 1874 as the actual end. Back then, it was fairly simple to alter things--you didn't have someone posting one copy of the original online and millions of people around the world seeing it. (Or saving it as pdf files, to compare with reprints). They could stop printing the originals, make reprints that alter the doctrine, and update the doctrine about when it would happen as they go. And, no one would be able to see it, except if they had a copy of the original. Now, all anyone has to do is post a copy of the original online, and then any new study can see the original to compare with the reprint.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Well in the April 15, 2010, they also changing the generation I heard, I gotta find my copy if it's been handed out yet. So the millons living 'may' never die would fit right in. EVEN if it was true the first one was called 'may' never die, since that talk that day, the past 80+ years, and even the booklet, it's been "will" never die, I am looking for that part in the revelation book now too as we speak.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Revelation book, Chap 20, par 3 says, "Originally this was titled, "The World's End, Millions now living WILL never die."

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Here's a good one, OLD rev book chapter 20, under subheading "the great crowd makes it's appearance" paragraph 20 talking about memorial partakers.

"In 1987 only 8,808 partook of the memorial emblems - just .1 percent of the 8,965,221 attending that global observance. "

New book, about 20 years later, and I believe probably one of the years of the memorial blitz?? "In 2005 only 8, 524 partook of the memorial emblems - just .05 percent of the 16,390,116 attending that global observance."

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

That's an error:

Shortly thereafter, on February 12, 1918, a Canadian government decree made it a crime punishable by fine and imprisonment to have in one's possession either the book The Finished Mystery or the tract shown above. That same month, on February 24, Brother Rutherford, the newly elected president of the Watch Tower Society, spoke in the United States at Temple Auditorium in Los Angeles, California. His subject was a startling one: "The World Has Ended-Millions Now Living May Never Die." In setting forth evidence that the world as known till that time really had ended in 1914, he pointed to the war then in progress, along with accompanying famine, and identified it as part of the sign foretold by Jesus. (Matt. 24:3-8) -- PROCLAIMERS book page 648

Please note the date - February 24, 1918.

"We may confidently expect," stated the booklet Millions Now Living Will Never Die, back in 1920, "that 1925 will mark the return [from the dead] of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old . . . to the condition of human perfection." Not only was the resurrection of faithful men of old expected in 1925 but some hoped that anointed Christians might receive their heavenly reward in that year. -- PROCLAIMERS book, page 78

The booklet was published in 1920. The title of the talk might also have changed by then, but the original title of the talk was "...May Never Die".

In the lecture "Millions Now Living Will Never Die," delivered by J. F. Rutherford on March 21, 1920, at the Hippodrome in New York City, attention was directed to the year 1925. -- PROCLAIMERS book, page 632

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

That's wrong too Nathan - researching on google, if anything, the first talk was "millions now living may never die", then a month or so later changed to "The world has ended: millions now living will never die", anyway, I wanna see print, not recent JW books saying it.

• countolaf
    countolaf

Here's the "light getting brighter" in the matter of one month... Both scans are from Aberdeen, South Dakota newspaper ads:

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

interesting, that back then they thought those who died not a "christian" let alone a JW would get blessings, then somepoint changed to if not a JW then it's too late since it was the last days right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit